Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

dialga tank, new player needs help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

travis3290

Hey

so ive been playing sablelock for a while and while its all good fun i think its still pretty luck based and wanted to try to make something more consistent. I looked at some decks, and realizes i cant play 99% of them without lux x, so i decided on dialga tank(aka dialga garchomp) i figured that the idea was pretty fun, so i should give it a shot. heres my list:

poke-18
3-1 dialga g x
2-2 garchomp c x
1-1 alakazam 4 x
2 uxie la
2 crobat g(i think i might cut this to one, any suggestions?)
1 lucario gl
1 bronzong g
1 promocroak
1 drifblim fb

t/s/s-30
4 cyrus conspiracy
3 pokemon collector
1 bebe search
1 aarons collection
4 poketurn
3 energy gain
3 power spray
2 sp radar
2 expert belt
2 scoop up
2 switch
1 luxury ball
2 snowpoint temple

energy-12
4 DCE
4 Sp. metal
3 metal
1 psychic

Strategy:

So this deck is pretty straight forward. as far as i know you deafen every turn whilst building up sp. metal on dialga g x, block bodies, spray powers, and create a tank. I run alakazam 4 x for the damage switch, and with snowpoint temple out, being able to load 90 damage on my crobat and poketurn is ridiculous. also, i find that drifblim is a pretty good machamp counter, because its effect says apply weakness and resitance. So snipe those machops as soon as they hit the field, and if they manage a machamp, an expert belt and a crobat drop will take it out.

So please give me any advice you can, or for people who have run this, general tips on playing. I mean i think i have the general idea down but i still feel like i could play it better.

all help is appreciated.

Take out the entire Alakazam 4 line for a 1-1 Claydol line. Garchomp C works well enough to heal off all the damage that Dialga takes. On the other hand, you have to hit your Special Metals, and Claydol gives you the required drawpower to do so. I'd take out the 2 Switches for Warp Energies, and the 2 Super Scoop Ups for a Skuntank G (utilize it with Stadiums to do extra damage with poison) and a Uxie Lv. X (extra drawpower needed to get your Special Metals).

Take out the entire Alakazam 4 line for a 1-1 Claydol line. Garchomp C works well enough to heal off all the damage that Dialga takes. On the other hand, you have to hit your Special Metals, and Claydol gives you the required drawpower to do so. I'd take out the 2 Switches for Warp Energies, and the 2 Super Scoop Ups for a Skuntank G (utilize it with Stadiums to do extra damage with poison) and a Uxie Lv. X (extra drawpower needed to get your Special Metals).

i feel i need to keep alakazam because its much easier to poketurn then get my garchomp active somehow, then level up. also i prefer switch over warp point because i usually need to attach every turn, and if i waste it on a colorless(not really waste but you know what i mean) also i like the scoop ups for more healing. and i would throw in an uxie x but its way too expensive lol

Try to make room for these Cards it will help you out alot!
Ambipom G will help you against SP decks that run Garchomp
Quagsire GL and a Water Energy will Save you from the Autoloss that Is a Fire Deck
Toxicroak G and a Skuntank G will Improve your Machamp Matchup.. (Slightly not greatly
Uxie can also Do just as well but having both is Recommended)
if you use Croak G bump the Psychic amount to 2
and a 1-1 Claydol (Despite Sounding like a Broken record seeing as so many say it it needs to be in EVERY Deck
Would actually be your best bet to improve consistency!)
Swap Switch for Warp energy <- Warps are Recylcable with Poketurn Switch Isn't
I say this with Experience and I hope the Suggestions help!

Try to make room for these Cards it will help you out alot!
Ambipom G will help you against SP decks that run Garchomp
Quagsire GL and a Water Energy will Save you from the Autoloss that Is a Fire Deck
Toxicroak G and a Skuntank G will Improve your Machamp Matchup.. (Slightly not greatly
Uxie can also Do just as well but having both is Recommended)
if you use Croak G bump the Psychic amount to 2
and a 1-1 Claydol (Despite Sounding like a Broken record seeing as so many say it it needs to be in EVERY Deck
Would actually be your best bet to improve consistency!)
Swap Switch for Warp energy <- Warps are Recylcable with Poketurn Switch Isn't
I say this with Experience and I hope the Suggestions help!

hey i really like your suggestions

quick question, i think im playing this deck wrong. do you think i need the belts here? i mean whenever i play this i just seem to deafen all game because i feel if i stop for one turn they can come back.

should i just be setting up garchomp c and then come in for the kill?

hey i really like your suggestions

quick question, i think im playing this deck wrong. do you think i need the belts here? i mean whenever i play this i just seem to deafen all game because i feel if i stop for one turn they can come back.

should i just be setting up garchomp c and then come in for the kill?

Belts are very useful I'd keep them in there
Deafen with Expert Belt and Skuntank G does 50 damage by your next turn
and the Ideal Strategy is when Dialga G is about gone to use a Warp energy and play garchomp C
Lv.x and heal it completely and snipe if you want or Turn it to heal again later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back