2 Aaron's Collection
1 Palmer's Contribution
2 Conductive Quarry

T/S/S :31

4 DCE
4 Special Metal Energy
2 Metal Energy
2 Warp Energy

Strategy: Tank with Dialga heal with garchomp. The thing is, is Junk Arm enough to counter LostGar? If not, what should I do to help with that matchup because deafen forever doesnt really work because of the second attack.

I would cut lucario and prem ball, adding a third sp radar and another basic energy. Dialgachomp already has a pretty good lostgar matchup, but the third radar would help a little more. Plus, it's better for consistency (over the prem ball), and you don't need more ways of getting pokes out of your discard. I would also recommend cutting the palmer's. I think it's unnecessary.

-1 energy gain -1 power spray - 2 junk arm -1 lucario -1 palmer's

+2 Expert Belt +1 sp radar +1 psychic energy +1 promocroak +1 pokemon collector/Ambipom G/

Toxicroak G x2 (1 PL, 1 Promo), Chatot G and/or Ambipom G would also be good...
also consider Ambipom G has a smaller retreat cost than Dragonite FB...
this was a lineup I ran:
Crobat G x2
Skuntank G
Bronzong G
Honchkrow G x2
Toxicroak G x2 (1 PL, 1 Promo)
Uxie LA
Azelf LA
Ambipom G
Dialga G x2
Dialga G Lv X
Garchomp C x2
Garchomp C Lv X x2

Last edited:
^
Why Krow G? IMO it's only good in LuxBox or Sablelock.

Your list looks pretty good. I'd play Smeargle UD in there, removing the Lucario.

Here's the final removings/addings, including one's I just added:

-1 Lucario GL
-1 Power Spray
-1 Palmer's
-1 Gain
-1 Junk Arm
-1 Aaron's (IMO only 1 is needed)

+1 SP Radar
+1 Promocroak
+1 Pyschic Energy
+1 Energy Exchanger
+2 Expert Belt

It would be wise to find a place for 2 stadiums to help counter lost world. If you have a lot of luxray in your area i think the best play would be ruins of alph. If you don't see much luxray a good option is ghq.

2 Bebe's is a bit much. I would say the same about 2 Aaron's, too.
You don't need 4 Gains or Sprays. I would take out one Gain and at least one Spray.
You definitely need at least 3 SP Radar. I'm always sadfacing when I'm one short.

I'd also recommend VS Seeker and Call Energy.

2 Bebe's is a bit much. I would say the same about 2 Aaron's, too.
You don't need 4 Gains or Sprays. I would take out one Gain and at least one Spray.
You definitely need at least 3 SP Radar. I'm always sadfacing when I'm one short.

I'd also recommend VS Seeker and Call Energy.

Pokemon collector is way better than sp radar IMO...

you need the following things:

3 warp energy - best card in the deck if you're using the tank strategy
3 basic metal - 2 is just too low in my book
1 expert belt
1 snow point temple - again completely amazing if you are deafen locking late game
skuntank - you need this to up your damage when you are defean locking with the stadiums.
smeargle / chatot g - one of these, your choice i prefer chatot, but i know con le plays smeargle.

twins and interviewers questions - amazing supporters for this deck... don't question this just do it....

oh yeah 2 aarons + palmers is way too much... 1 aarons is fine.

you need the following things:

3 warp energy - best card in the deck if you're using the tank strategy
3 basic metal - 2 is just too low in my book
1 expert belt
1 snow point temple - again completely amazing if you are deafen locking late game
skuntank - you need this to up your damage when you are defean locking with the stadiums.
smeargle / chatot g - one of these, your choice i prefer chatot, but i know con le plays smeargle.

twins and interviewers questions - amazing supporters for this deck... don't question this just do it....

oh yeah 2 aarons + palmers is way too much... 1 aarons is fine.

I disagree with so so much of this. 3 Basic metal is absolute overkill. 3 warp is higher than average but acceptable by no means is it staple. the 1 snowpoint is random. You wont be getting it out consistently if you only run 1 copy. Skuntank is a good tech but also not staple. Interviewers is completly sub standard. Twins is an ok play but the spot(s) could be better used.

To the OP: if some one tells you "Don't question this just do it" be very very careful. Honestly when you change your deck in any way you should question the change and test it extensively before taking the changed deck to a tournament.

@King of Japan: Well I disagree with you! 3 base metal isn't overkill when they are the only basic energy and it isn't a dialgachomp list that runs 15+ energies. As far as interviewers goes, it isn't a bad play. I've tested it and it works surprisingly well. I'm like 95% sure Pooka uses (or used) it in his dialgachomp. Also, I think twins is a great play. With a relatively slower, more meticulous sp deck, you will be playing the prize count game much more with dialgachomp than with other, quicker decks. This is why the twins option is great. It would let you search out that "one random snowpoint" which is also extremely helpful.

A good list, apparently there's a lot of machamp in your meta? i would suggest cutting the palmers, as you already run 2 aarons and a premier ball. i personally would play both ambipom and dragonite together seeing as in the sp match up it's all about the garchomp war. Maybe take out a energy gain for a sp rader? hope this helps a bit

I disagree with so so much of this. 3 Basic metal is absolute overkill. 3 warp is higher than average but acceptable by no means is it staple. the 1 snowpoint is random. You wont be getting it out consistently if you only run 1 copy. Skuntank is a good tech but also not staple. Interviewers is completly sub standard. Twins is an ok play but the spot(s) could be better used.

To the OP: if some one tells you "Don't question this just do it" be very very careful. Honestly when you change your deck in any way you should question the change and test it extensively before taking the changed deck to a tournament.

The "random" snowpoint temple is searchable with twins as is the belt and the 2nd stadium. Snowpoint will allow you to ware down other sp decks / sab lock decks, as they won't have enough resources to snipe out basics that have 100-160 life.

I've personally changed from conductive to ruins of alph to have a better luxchomp matchup and I've started running promocroak.

3 BASIC energy is the lowest i would ever go, 2 metal and a psychic is fine too. Skuntank helps so much vs gyarados and gengar i really wouldn't feel comfortable taking it out. Interviewers is AMAZING in the deck, seriously if you test it you will see. By the time you play your 2nd or 3rd cyrus you'll have no more basic energy in the deck, and your deck will be thinned out alot from 2/3 cyrus played + a collector or 2. This means you have a huge chance of hitting multiple dce / sp metal or warp energy with the interviewers.

Dialgachomp more than any other sp deck can function really well with minimal trainers played per turn. What will kill all your chances with the deck is no access to energy, even for 1 turn this is killer. You play alot of energy in the deck because you must play 1 every single turn. Optimally you want to play the sp metals and warps and dces in the correct order. That means you need access to them. Interviewers helps so much with this.

Last edited:
Sorry noob question: I how come a 3-2 dialga-X line is never used? I have no experience with this deck but plan on building it in the near future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back