Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

DialgaChomp Tech help

DoomScizor

I'm look forward to playing DialgaChomp at my next premier event. I just need some help teching it. I have thought out some hard ones and reasons. Like,

Rescue energy-It was hard enough to KO my tank once, Now, Assuming I have the energy, you have to do it again. Also, it can be used as Dragon Rush Fodder

Slowking prime-Now before you spam me, think about it, it is some kind of draw power, and since I can't afford Uxie lv X (I'm sure most of everyone can understand that.) I decided that he can be my Champ counter. He can be set up it 1 turn with Bronzong G and My list will probably run Psychic energy anyway for Toxicroak G

ToxiTank-Pretty Standard DialgaChomp anti Machamp counter.

Mesprit-Shutting down power for a whole turn is sweet, plus it stops fighting tag and level down, and some other annoying powers.

Staraptor Fb lv X-Never really understood this tech, It helps get Cyrus chain early on and can counter Garchomp C lv X with a heavy amount of stadiums I could run. Could also help the Vilegar match up.

Smeargle Ud-Seems like a staple to me in any sp deck

3-1 Garchomp C lv X-I consider that a tech because I normally play a 2-2 but 3-1 kind of counters other Garchomp C based decks.

Lucario GL-Other say it's a tech, I say it's a must, especially with machamp around

PromoCroak G-Anti Luxray Gl lv X, nothing else to say about it.

Energy Exchanger-Could get me Chain DCE or Special Metal

Drifblim FB-Awesome for taking out pixies late game

Drifblim UD-Could be a Champ counter, probably for tanks like Steelix prime

Sorry if I missed any techs, it's late lol. Uhh Add techs or just cool ideas in general, I want to do well at States! Also let me know which are the best techs, in Theorymon or Experience.

I'm look forward to playing DialgaChomp at my next premier event. I just need some help teching it.

Before you go any further, think about it. Do you NEED a tech? Is there any point in teching your list? If there is, you probably already know exactly what you need, because you're facing a specific problem. If you aren't, then just play a normal, high-consistency list.

Rescue energy-It was hard enough to KO my tank once, Now, Assuming I have the energy, you have to do it again. Also, it can be used as Dragon Rush Fodder

Energy is a bad idea since Dialga already has such a hard time getting the energy lines right.

Slowking prime-Now before you spam me, think about it, it is some kind of draw power, and since I can't afford Uxie lv X (I'm sure most of everyone can understand that.) I decided that he can be my Champ counter. He can be set up it 1 turn with Bronzong G and My list will probably run Psychic energy anyway for Toxicroak G

Slowking makes a decent Champ and Mewtwo counter but not much more than that.

ToxiTank-Pretty Standard DialgaChomp anti Machamp counter.

Good when you also run Staraptor, who can nab surprise KOs on Garchomp Cs and function as decent "draw"power.

Mesprit-Shutting down power for a whole turn is sweet, plus it stops fighting tag and level down, and some other annoying powers.

When I have a spare space in a deck, Mesprit is what goes in. <3

Staraptor Fb lv X-Never really understood this tech, It helps get Cyrus chain early on and can counter Garchomp C lv X with a heavy amount of stadiums I could run. Could also help the Vilegar match up.

You basically have it right. It's a poor man's Uxie, with some different but similar uses.

Then, not a tech.

3-1 Garchomp C lv X-I consider that a tech because I normally play a 2-2 but 3-1 kind of counters other Garchomp C based decks.

You need the strong Heal Breath ability in Dialgachomp.

Lucario GL-Other say it's a tech, I say it's a must, especially with machamp around

concurred

PromoCroak G-Anti Luxray Gl lv X, nothing else to say about it.

This is staple, why don't you have it?

Energy Exchanger-Could get me Chain DCE or Special Metal

Isn't this also staple in D/C?

Drifblim FB-Awesome for taking out pixies late game

Also good for taking hits from things that you'd prefer not to let Dialga take hits from, but those situations are rare these days.

Drifblim UD-Could be a Champ counter, probably for tanks like Steelix prime

Better than Slowking :p

I was just posting what other people I know have said about Dialgachomp techs, I believe a lot of those are staples, others are skeptical. Like Toxicroak and smeargle.

Driftblim fb was a warp point counter. Not a lot of decks play warp pointnow which is sad, so it's not really worth a spot.

I don't like the idea of mesprit. DialgaChomp lists run really tight and that space would be better used for something else. Personally i like running a 1-1 staraptor fb with 3 stadiums because then you have an extra garchomp counter. It also allows you to grab any supporter you need which is sweet. It allows you to run several single copies of a supporter like 1 twins or 1 lookers or something like that. For instance I like running 1 lucians assignment. If you have a heavily damage dialga active but it's fully loaded and you don't have time to turn and manually re attach all those energy just fast call for a lucians and switch all the energy from your active dialga over to one on the bench. then turn your active and start wrecking with the new dialga like nothing ever happened.

I know, but I'm just saying, if I find the tech space I want to know what to run. Also, King that's a very good point.

No it's not. LuxChomp and DialgaChomp can function fine without Toxi G Promo.

Rescue Energy - Great, you attach it to DGX and when you're KO'd, you get it back to your hand. Awesome. Oh wait, I just lost all my Sp. Metals and Belt anyway.

Slowking Prime - Mediocre 'champ counter. Either find some way to borrow a Uxie X or something or just go without a Champ counter. Numbers of Champ are dying anyway because of Gyara and Vilegar.

ToxiTank - Skuntank I agree with if you're running Stadiums. Toxi G is decent.

Mesprit - And how are you meant to get it back into your hand or off the table? You locked down your opponents powers for a turn. Great. You've now lost a bench space, which is often crucial in DialgaChomp.

Staraptor FB X - Have to disagree with Kayle when he says it's a "poor man's Uxie". Allows you to nab a surprise Twins or Looker's, decent Chomp C counter as long as they don't Spray your Flash Bite, decent against Gyara since it can discard BTS. Underrated card.

Smeargle - Well worth playing.

Garchomp C X 3-1 - The superior play.

Lucario GL - Only if you're running an anti-Champ tech, otherwise dead space. I don't run a Champ tech in my DialgaChomp, mainly because Champ, as I've said before, is dying out and the space can be used for better things.

Toxi G Promo - Read first sentence.

EE - @Kayle, no it's not a staple in DialgaChomp. I don't run it myself but if you can find the room yeah, it's a decent play.

Drifblim FB - Spot can be used for better things.

Drifblim UD - Again, spot can be used for better things.

DialgaChomp is tight enough as it is. Even finding 2 spaces in the deck can be difficult, so think before you tech "do I really need this or is this just a gimmick?"

Driftblim fb was a warp point counter. Not a lot of decks play warp point now which is sad, so it's not really worth a spot.

However, a lot of decks do run regice (gyra, gigas, donphan varients, sometimes machamp), and/or cyclone energy (gigas, sometimes machamp). I think drifblim fb is a great idea. It helps with this situation, along with vilegar and even luxchomp matchups.

Sure, it's a good card... but not a staple in any deck really, with the excpetion of gyrados

However, a lot of decks do run regice (gyra, gigas, donphan varients, sometimes machamp), and/or cyclone energy (gigas, sometimes machamp). I think drifblim fb is a great idea. It helps with this situation, along with vilegar and even luxchomp matchups.

Sure, it's a good card... but not a staple in any deck really, with the excpetion of gyrados

Smeargle? Staple in gyarados? No.

Smeargle? Staple in gyarados? No.

If you're being serious, then you are saying that smeargle is not a staple in gyrados...which it is, and if you're being sarcastic then you're just agreeing with me...? What's your point?

Just curious...how would you run gyrados without smeargle? I know a lot of people like to omit the card, but I don't ever see those players being successful.

I don't care what any of you say. Smeargle IS staple in gyarados, although gyarados is trash anyways.

I know it's top tier, it's just a stupid deck.

You're arguments are compelling, but I still don't see what you're talking about. I'm not a fan of gyarados, but I have played it before, and it doesn't seem any more stupid than...say...vilegar or uxie donk or machamp

I don't see how gyarados is stupid... If anything i think it is the least stupid deck out there right now cause it just does it's own thing ya know?

- its not sp
-its not a donk deck
-its not trainer lock

thing about gyarados is one of two decks in format that just deal straight damage without some gimmick. the other is mewperior.

Back