Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Diamond & Pearl—Great Encounters

Arri

The OP website got updated with info on State and Regionals on the premire page, for the State's prize list it says

36 booster packs of Pokémon TCG: Diamond & Pearl—Great Encounters

Umm...Next set name? or did they just mess up and meant to say Secret Wonders with that :p

Yup, but no announcement or anything, kinda early lol

And the name, dont like it much haha Its the great part :p

Sure, the name's a little cheesy, but what else are you going to name a set that will (probably) contain Dialga, Palkia, and Darkrai Lvl. X?

- Croatian "GE - we bring good decks to life" Nidoking

Its Secret Windows. Just where are the windows at all the big tournaments. Nowhere! 'cos they are all secret.

So I think it's proved enough now: Every new expansion will have a set name that basically means "meet these new and exciting Pokémon that you have not met before, because they've been hiding until this very point". These new and exiciting Pokémon are mysterious treasures, they're secret wonders, they're great encounters, they're hidden legends, they're unseen forces!

The expansions apparently always have to be called the same, with some slight nuances - If the next set really contains Darkrai, Palkia, Dialga and Garchomp lv X though, Great Encounters is a great nuance of the name. Finally encountering all those lv X will sure be great! =D

Not to mention the Eevee Evolutions likely will be placed into Great Encounters. What's that bring us to...?
Dialga, Darkrai, Palkia, Cresselia almost guaranteed... Leafeon and Glaceon also highly likely... Porygon Z and Garchomp possible. YIKES. 8 possible LV.X, but most likely 6 in the set.

Great encounters indeed...

^ Thats what I call fun.

Great Encounters, huh? They need someone to come up with better names for the sets imo.
I agree that they should get a beter translator that dosn't make things sound stuppid. For example, Palentoligist to Fosil Excavator, Shoot Down to Bring Down, Team G's Bet to Wager...

It really dosn't make any sence why they change a cool sounding attack (Shoot Down) to somthing lame and babyish (Bring Down). : (

Why complain about the set name, the cards are what you want anyway. Doesn't matter if it's Barney Wonders, You still get the same cards no matter what.

this is going to be a truly great set.

t. kiss
darkrai l.x
dialga l.x
eveelutions
cresselia
sceptile
blaziken (kind of looks nice)
and loads more

I'm buying at least 2 boxes of this set

this is going to be a truly great set.

t. kiss
darkrai l.x
dialga l.x
eveelutions
cresselia
sceptile
blaziken (kind of looks nice)
and loads more

I'm buying at least 2 boxes of this set

Not to mention the 2 cards I care about the most: Pachirisu, and Phione =D

It really dosn't make any sence why they change a cool sounding attack (Shoot Down) to somthing lame and babyish (Bring Down). : (

Why is this related to expansion names? The current set translator is doing a great job, and I can't possibly imagine how that translator should also have the task of giving TCG products English names. Translating card mechanics is a translator's job, giving expansions names is a marketing/advertising person's job.

The attack was never called Shoot Down. That was just a fan translator's own take on an English name. The spoilers written by Bangiras, Nanimonoka etc are GREAT for the community, but they are in no means official translations, and there is no way something written in Japanese can only be translated in one way to English. Except when attacks in Japanese actually have English names written with Japanese characters. Then they are literally English names from the start.

But English written by Japanese people is quite different than English written by native speakers, and things that have English names in Japan are very often "translated" to different, and more natural-sounding, names in English. In Japan, the discard pile and the prize cards actually have English names: "thrash" and "side cards". They obviously couldn't be kept for the English product. I think discard pile and prize cards sound much better for a product aimed at native English speakers.

But Fosil Excivator?? plz That dosn't sound like there was any effort to make it sound more natural for english speaking ppl.

IMO thats pretty good of a set name; what more can u ask for??

BTW, great encounter...... that suits the cards in it, there's a heck load of legendaries and cards that will give this game a big twist.

Too bad we can't pick up boxes like the Japanese. I just opened a Japanese box that had Creselia Lv X, Garchomp Lv X, and Honchkrow Lv X. And all of that was in a box with only 24 packs! Now mind you, I'd probably miss the reverses, but 11 cards in a pack, a holo and 2 rares in each pack ..... Hmmph, I think I'd get over it quickly.

Seeing as how they don't have a RH set in the sets they get, that's no surprise. They get cards in a much different way than we do. Personally i prefer our sets versus theirs. Our sets are much larger, meaning more to trade with other people. Not to mention, it's more difficult to get some of the more rare cards too. Take Espeon/Umbreon*, They have to earn thousands of points by going to leagues just to get one. For us, just get a bunch of POP packs and get them. Granted, it's no Guarantee for us that the pack will have one. But easier in my opinion. And if you can't get them in the packs you have, buy online.

Back