Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Did any of the TO's for the City Championship Received an Email from Pokemon USA

Pokedok

I wanted to know if any of the TO's for the City Championship's received an email from Steve who is from POP Pokemon USA, Inc. regarding where to report the City Championship results and how to use the website to advertise their respective City Championship. I asked this question because I received the email and on it gives you a link and also given a user name and password to access the site but I tried mine and it seems that its not working. Did anybody else tried theres? LMK

Pokedok said:
I wanted to know if any of the TO's for the City Championship's received an email from Steve who is from POP Pokemon USA, Inc. regarding where to report the City Championship results and how to use the website to advertise their respective City Championship. I asked this question because I received the email and on it gives you a link and also given a user name and password to access the site but I tried mine and it seems that its not working. Did anybody else tried theres? LMK

I have not gotten a email stating a logon or anything like that. I know that I can go under my logon to the tournament parts of www.pokemon-tcg and change the CC info and such. SO it would be most likely that I would be able to input the date there also. That is how it worked for the Prerelease tournaments in the past. ;)

Pokedok I received the email this past Friday and was able to successfully log in. There is a link for both the Flyer (pdf format) and reporting results (excel format).

It seems that many TO's received a secondary e-mail from Steve McLaughlin with additional information, but many others did not (myself included). From a statistical standpoint, I would like any & all City Championship TO's to please post here with whether you received the secondary e-mail or not, and if you received it please indicate whether you are a PTO (Premier TO) or not. My theory is that the second e-mail only went to PTO's and not ordinary or first-time TO's.

Normally we do not allow polls here at the PokeGym, but I'm authorizing an exception in this rare and unusual case.

Thanks,
- CHRISBO, PokeGym Admin and City Championship TO (Fountain Valley, CA)

I received the secondary e-mail which was just an update on locations.I have not received any e-mail giving any other login or the Customizable flyer which was promised to appear Jan.19th.I have heard that premiere TO`s have had access to the downloadable flyer.

`Sensei

I (a mere mortal TO) received only one email, advising that my event app had been approved. The text:

The Customizable Flyer and Event reporting form will be available on Tuesday, January 19th on the Tournament Organizer’s webpage for you to download.

was part pf this email, leading one to wonder where (or indeed whether this refers to the PTO pages).

From what I understand, PTOs received word about the flyer and reporting via the PTO Mailing List. I also understand that al lof that data is available via a PTO Login. Very little of this info is being cascaded down to the rest of us from POP. Suffice it to say, we haven't gotten it.

I have only recieved the very first email sent out with list of locations.

I'm just a wanna be CC T.O., I guess... :confused:

Anyway, Chrisbo I have a copy of the flyer PDF if you need it.

There are three places set up to get the CC files (Flyer and Reporting Form). Steve set up a Yahoo group mailing list, which also has file sharing features. A few e-mails may have gone out to join that group, but I don't think he persued that option. It looks like there are only 6 members signed up for the group. Most of the invitations to become a member of the group probably never went out.

About the same time, the files were put in the PTO files area on the PUI website. PTOs have had access to this area since the Sandstorm Prerelease. Since many of the CC TOs that are not PTOs, they don't have access to this file storage area. Steve had a seperate site set up for CC TOs. An e-mail went out giving the url for the logon page, a user ID and a password. I think this is the e-mail most people are tralking about here. I received this e-mail, but it was not sent through the PTO mailing list. It looks like it was sent to [email protected], which is strange. Perhaps Steve set up some kind of mailing list for CC TOs, but if he did, it doesn't appear that everyone is on it.

BDS

I received one email with the Username, password and link, they all worked and I accessed the excel and pdf file with no hassle, I am not a PTO though.

Big Daddy Snorlax said:
There are three places set up to get the CC files (Flyer and Reporting Form). Steve set up a Yahoo group mailing list, which also has file sharing features. A few e-mails may have gone out to join that group, but I don't think he persued that option. It looks like there are only 6 members signed up for the group. Most of the invitations to become a member of the group probably never went out.

About the same time, the files were put in the PTO files area on the PUI website. PTOs have had access to this area since the Sandstorm Prerelease. Since many of the CC TOs that are not PTOs, they don't have access to this file storage area. Steve had a seperate site set up for CC TOs. An e-mail went out giving the url for the logon page, a user ID and a password. I think this is the e-mail most people are tralking about here. I received this e-mail, but it was not sent through the PTO mailing list. It looks like it was sent to [email protected], which is strange. Perhaps Steve set up some kind of mailing list for CC TOs, but if he did, it doesn't appear that everyone is on it.

BDS

I know Steve is using a Yahoo Group for the TOs of all the City Championships as a mailing list. I though he signed everyone up, or tried. This list is to help the current TOs of CC ask question and such to help out eveyone, similar at the one the PTOs use. I know the Yahoo Group has the flyer and reporting form on it since I have downloaded it already.

RainbowRichards said:
So how can we learn the Y! Group Name and sign up? I'd welcome a PM or email with the info ;)

You should of been given the address to the group in a email to the TOs running the event.

As I posted above - I received only the one email Subject: City Championship Acceptance (I am the TO running the event in Severn, MD). I found no Y! group info therein, nor in the attachment. I take it you refer to a subequent email, GLB?

Gym Leader Blaine said:
You should of been given the address to the group in a email to the TOs running the event.

AS per BDS's post, this yahoo group was probably not pursued by Steve, and he probably didn't send out all the emails. If you did recieve this email , you certainly are in the minority.

RainbowRichards said:
As I posted above - I received only the one email Subject: City Championship Acceptance (I am the TO running the event in Severn, MD). I found no Y! group info therein, nor in the attachment. I take it you refer to a subequent email, GLB?

I found the Yahoo Group from a email that I had gotten. It is every hard to find on your own, trust me I tried.

Last edited:
Okay, so I replied to the email from Steve, and asked about the Flyer and Report form, and he replied with the info necessary to access these files @ op.pokemon-tcg.com under the PTO login (I'm not a PTO)...

So use your "reply" buttons!!!

Back