Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Did anyone rent a car from...

AutoRent Car Rental??
If so, PLEASEdouble check your card that you used for EXTRA fees added on. Last night I noticed a pending withdrawal for $199.00 & wasnt sure what it was for. I called the bank to find the car place is taking an extra $199.00 for my rental that was ONLY $141.10!! Im in the process of getting a hold of a manager, but they dont seem to be in a hurry to call me back! So just keep a watch out for your account that you used to make sure they arent charging anything extra! I have no idea what this could be for, considering it was back early, I had unlimited milage, the gas was where it was, & the extra Ins on it. So BE AWARE!

Melissa

UnstoppablePokeMomx4 said:
AutoRent Car Rental??
If so, PLEASEdouble check your card that you used for EXTRA fees added on. Last night I noticed a pending withdrawal for $199.00 & wasnt sure what it was for. I called the bank to find the car place is taking an extra $199.00 for my rental that was ONLY $141.10!! Im in the process of getting a hold of a manager, but they dont seem to be in a hurry to call me back! So just keep a watch out for your account that you used to make sure they arent charging anything extra! I have no idea what this could be for, considering it was back early, I had unlimited milage, the gas was where it was, & the extra Ins on it. So BE AWARE!

Melissa

I believe when you sign the clause there is mention of damage. I would assume the extra charge is because something was damaged.

Vappy said:
I believe when you sign the clause there is mention of damage. I would assume the extra charge is because something was damaged.

ROTF! If you seen our car we got, the WHOLE thing was damaged! Before we got it! Thats why I purchased the extra rental ins so that has nothing to do with it! If anything was damaged, the Ins would have taken care of it & it would have been brought to my attention when I returned the car & they inspected it.

Melissa

It's common for companies to put a hold on an amount larger than the charge, especially with car rentals.
Is this a charge or a hold?
If a hold, they should clear it soon.

PokePop said:
It's common for companies to put a hold on an amount larger than the charge, especially with car rentals.
Is this a charge or a hold?
If a hold, they should clear it soon.

Yup, now to find out, it was just a hold. The bank 1st told my husband it was a charge. I finally got a hold of the mang. he says since I used a Visa/Debit card, the bank puts a 34 hr hold on funds & that is why MOST Car Rental places DONT accept anything but real credit cards as the guy said. After talking to a friend who rents alot, she said most Co. will tell you this but mine did not. All in all, its a 34 hr hold & the bank will return it after that so Im clear. I just hate not knowing about these things when it comes to my money being "spent" that I dont know about. I freak! Even when its small amounts! So you can imagine with $200.00....lol

Thanks
Melissa

Back