Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Disruption Deck

eastsea

So I have had these ideas for a while now but I can't put it all together into a deck to see how it would turn out because i'm not that familiar with all the cards. The reason SP is so good is due to its disruption. It's ability to kill claydol, spray uxies, snipe or lux up your set up pokemon all relatively easy. well I was interested in another type of disruption deck. I tried the palk lock, but lets face it with lux everywhere palkia can't cut it. So here are some cards I thought would go into this deck. for starters Giritina let loose after I have started a set up to kill their hand. then what about sableye so I can keep my set up with four cards. but with it I would use cyrus' initiave to hope to get rid of one more card out of thier hand. as well as slowking interests me greatly because after I have done this I can keep them in trouble. problems: How can I do all this, what do I take prizes with, or any other ideas for disrupting set up. I do like absol. however it wont help me after I have disrupted them like slowking and sableye, theoretically that is. any ideas?

Congratulations, you have stumbled upon one of the best decks in the format.

Basically, shuffle to 4 with Giratina, use your active Sableye to Initiative their hand and play Chatot G to make sure they dont draw anything. Poketurn the Chatot enough times and you have basically won. Keep some Power Sprays handy to prevent that Uxie from prizes or if you are forced to Chatot them Roseanne.

As for a hitter, Garchomp C seems ideal since it can snipe that Claydol, if you are not fast enough. Personally, I like Giratina Lv.X since you have enough time to power it up, you can spray Healing Breath and you can possibly force your opponent to discard a key card or not attack (via Initiative and Chatot); not to mention you already play a regular Tina.

any idea on a list? and I didn't see this anywhere at either Ohio or Kentucky states.. so I would love to test it though or get something together. BTW wouldn't slowking be better because I can do it every turn to either deck. and don't have to worry about the turns?

BTW at states I missed both top cuts by one slot due to % at the first one I played flyphanqueen and the second I played luxpluff. I have reason to believe that lux pluff will win all of it's games once it gets set up. same thing with lux chomp. I would like to stop those decks from setting up. lol.

Last edited:
I actually saw a few Chatot G with Primeape SV decks at some of the CCs. Primeape may be an option for your attacker because not only will you keep the opponent's hand small but you can hopefully discard Pokemon. And if you manage to level up a Giratina X then the opp will have to discard to attack also. The Chatot Gs are easy to replay with Poketurn.

How are you planning on repeating the Let Loose - multiple Girantinas, Super Scoop Up or both?

I like metagross' idea of running it with SPs so that you can Power Spray the opponent. This would also let you use Cyrus's Conspiracy with Sableye. But I'm not sure how many Giratinas, Chatot Gs and techs or attackers you can fit onto the bench.

the plan is let loose. then keep thier hand small by discarding cards cyrus with sabyleye and stopping thier draw slowking or chatot. so I wont need to keep letting loose lol. I just don't know how to get it all together or keep the disruption or making it good. I just thought it sounded good.

I still need some help or getting a list together if anyone can. or at least a basis so I can throw it together

Bench space is a problem - thats why you run 4 SSUs, though I never really managed to get a lot out of them.

One thing you should consider is your main attacker. While Garchomp C is nice, I found that (even though I won states with it as a main hitter) I would like an attacker that could keep those energies on him. Hence why I included Tina Lv.X.

One game I had my 4 basic energies prizes (yeah, tough luck) and with no raw draw apart from Uxie, I had a hard time drawing into energies.

Another thing is Mewtwo Lv.X; you should consider a counter if you see a lot of it in your metagame.

woah woah woah.. won states with this??? what state. lol. I thought this was just something I was throwing together?? I looked at the states winners. where was this?? how did it play?

International States, though a similar deck has done well in USA as well.

Basically, if you play against non-SP, you have a nice chance of donking them. On the other hand most of my meta is Luxchomp so that didnt really help.

Against Luxchomp, the key is obviously to not let them setup. Once they have a say Luxray Lv.X powered up, things can go bad very quickly. My record with this deck against Luxchomp was 6-3 although the games I lost went down to last prize and opponents' lucky topdecks.

Gengar is an easy matchup as long as they dont start with Tomb. If they do, you can easily OHKO all of them with Sableye if they use Darkness Grace or with Crobat drop if they dont. Considering you can start doing that T1 and it takes them at least 3 turns to setup (with no wasted energy drops) you should have a comfortable lead, enough to KO the rest with Garchomp C that they cant OHKO. If they are stupid enough to switch into Mr. Mime, just play all your trainers and start sniping.

Hardest matchup for me was Gyarados. Easy if they start without Sableye, hard if they do. Considering they can use its attack to setup, the effectivity of your lock goes down a lot.

Basically, I would say the deck requires a good knowledge of your meta in order to run the appropriate counters along with the disruption engine.

So, I read the idea, and I really liked it a lot. I also read some requests of a list, and not just ideas, and here is what I came up with, and how i'd play it.

Disruption.deck

Pokemon 17

3 Giratina (Let loose)
1 Giratina Lv.X
4 Sableye
2 Chatot G
1 Baltoy SV
1 Claydol GE
1 Uxie LA
1 Azelf LA
1 Slowpoke GE
1 Slowking HS
1 Crobat G

T/S/S 34

4 Cyru’s initiative
3 Roseanne
3 Collector
3 PONT
2 VS seeker
4 Poke turn
4 SSU
3 miasma valley
1 Luxury ball
3 Pokedex 910is
4 Poke drawer

Energy 9

4 Psychic
3 DCE
2 SP dark

Slowking is there because the chatot power can't keep on working, and slowking is almost as good, but a lot more consistent.
I added claydol because I thought that it was good to disrupt ur opponents setup, but you still need to setup well urself. Same with uxie.
Azelf is to fetch important stuff out of prizes, since The list runs lots of loner-cards, I thought that could be very needed.
Giratina is Main attacker, because you don't win by disrupting, you win by drawing prizes, and giratina was alrdy here + lv.X's body works well with the idea of keeping opponents handsize low.
Sableye is for starters to immideately keep the opponents hand low with cyru's initiative.

Rosie/Coll/Ponts are here to secure my own setup while disrupting my opponent.

Ye, you figure the rest out urself since it's so simple :b

Editing from original list

-3 pokedex
+ 3 bebe's search

Last edited:
The only problem I see with the list above is that it has very little attack power. Sure, it's very disruptive, but eventually your opponent will get something up that will give you some problems.

I've seen a Sableye/Honchkrow/Garchomp deck that did well at a States. When you think about it, the disruption combined with Honchkrow G and Garchomp C both sniping and dropping Sprays at the sme time is really deadly.

Plus even though there are few - there is no help for getting your evolutions or X. And I personally prefer Basic Dark energy so that you can grab it with Roseanne's.

Plus even though there are few - there is no help for getting your evolutions or X. And I personally prefer Basic Dark energy so that you can grab it with Roseanne's.

Fix'd. Thank you for pointing that out :)

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

The only problem I see with the list above is that it has very little attack power. Sure, it's very disruptive, but eventually your opponent will get something up that will give you some problems.

When my opponent can't setup, and I start to hit his entire board for 30 each turn at t3-4, I will quickly clear everything he has, and thereby, win, that's all the firepower needed :)

Last edited:
If you want to base your strategy on that spread attack, you absolutely need power spray. You cant afford your opponent topdecking into a Chomp Lv.X and healing their board.

Sure, if everything works out perfectly, it should never happen; but your whole plan fails the moment your opponent starts with a Spiritomb and Call/Rosseane/Collector/Luxury Ball/Bebe and you cant Initiative them (remember, its flippy). Once they setup a Claydol, what will you do to disrupt them? You have no Spray to prevent Cosmic Draw, you have no Chomp to snipe it.

Ye, I know this fails to spiritomb, but I don't really know what to do about him, perhaps a regice could help, to atleast force a retreat, and make me able to play turns or something like that.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Ok. I playtested it a few times and here's the conclusion of it. IT needs FIREPOWER !
1 Giratina lv.X is too slow and too weak, so i'm thinking of adding garchomp C and Lv.X, just don't know what to take out. Pokedrawers are actually searchable in this deck, with chatot G, so I think they should stay.
Other than that, the deck works pretty decent, could lock my opponent in 5-6 turns giving him nothing to draw at all.

Last edited:
Back