Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Ditto LA - Is it really this broken?

payney

So before I ask these things to clarify if Ditto LA is or isnt broken I would like to apologise in advance if this has already been asked orr discussed.

Right as we know Ditto will copy a Pokemon's HP and Attacks but not its PokePower or Bodies so my questions are.

Would a defending Pokemon such as Jumpluff that has 140HP and Expert Belt attached be copied so my Ditto becomes a 160HP basic Pokemon?

If the defending Pokemon has a card such as Devoluter attached would that attack become part of the Pokemon meaning it will be copied via Ditto DNA?

Now here is how it works out to be broken if one or both of these are valid.

If you copied a Jumpluff with expert belt attached this means you should get a 160HP basic ditto without the draw back of Expert Belt of a 2 prize loss when knocked out, Ditto can then have a Expert belt attached to make it a 180HP Pokemon. If ran in a SP deck you will no doubt be running a Snowpoint Temple meaning you can potentially get a basic 200HP Jumpluff but none the less a 180HP Jumpluff against itself giving off a +20 output is also too good to be true.

Can someone please clarify these?

Ditto only copies the HP that is written on the card it is facing. If the opponent has put something in play that increases the HP on their Pokemon, Ditto would not copy the increased HP. However if the Ditto player attaches an Expert Belt to Ditto, or there is a Snowpoint Temple in play, those things would add to the HP Ditto.

BDS

edited by Pop for clarity

Last edited by a moderator:
Back