Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Ditto Lv.X

lordantwarrior

I'm new here and probarbly waay too late but here is my Basic LV.X. Do not flame I'm just posting my card idea.

:colorless Ditto LV.X
HP: 90
Weakness: None
Resistance: None
Retreat Cost: None

Poke-Power: Risk

Whenever you attack, you may flip a coin. If heads, Ditto does 40 more damage to your opponent's Pokemon. If tails, Ditto's attack does nothing (not even damage). This power stops working when Ditto is affected by a special condition.

Poke-Body: Mysterious Matter

As long as Ditto is your active Pokemon, your opponent must flip a coin whenever the defending Pokemon attacks. If tails, prevent all effects of that attack (including damage).

Of course this has been created to work with already existing Ditto cards- hence I did not include any actual attacks which do damage. I'm assuming that the Ditto underneath Ditto LV.X already has an attack of its own, hence the "Increase by 40" Poke Power.

Last edited by a moderator:
It should have one retreat cost and weakness to Fighting but You have pulled off a decent ditto lv.x nice job

I was going to but then I thought that really, it adds a balance to the fact that it isn't too strong of an attacking card (Like most Dittos), especially for a LV.X. Free Retreat and no weakness enables a flexibility without it being broken at all (lol).

But thanks for the feedback.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

The only problem is that ditto never has an attack of it's own. But other then that, good job.

Well I was mainly going off the LA one, since I had that in front of me when making the card.

Poke-Body: Ditto DNA states-

As long as Ditto is your Active Pokémon, its maximum HP is the same as your opponent's Active Pokémon. Ditto can use the attacks of that Pokémon as its own. (You still need the necessary Energy to use each attack.) If that Pokémon is no longer your opponent's Active Pokémon, choose 1 of your opponent's Active Pokémon for Ditto to copy.

In other words, if Ditto were to level up, it would still have Ditto DNA working due to the Level-Up rule. So, say you levelled up against a Kingdra, you would have:

130HP (Ditto DNA Poke-Body)
Kingdra's attacks (Ditto DNA Poke-Body)
Opponent has a 50% chance of even doing any damage to you (Mysterious Matter Poke-Body)
Optional extra 40 Damage dealt to Kingdra each turn (with the evener being 0 damage on a tails flip)

I didn't even think how useful this could actually be when I originally designed it! Imagine how tanky/annoying this could be if you dropped the Level X against a high-HP opponent! I mean with the opponent constantly having to flip to do damage, which will annoy the heck out of them, and also the exact same attacks as your opponent AND an optional flip for when you need an extra 40 for the KO. Of course nobody would really play it except maybe as a staller, but still for my first attempt I think this is pretty neat after all. But only when levelled up onto a LA Ditto.

AND

If the opponent takes the usual Ditto counter methods (Retreating and switching for something with less HP) you always have a free retreat to get the heck outta there!

Last edited:
Back