Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Do You Look Or Wager?

HBK HaVoC

Lookers investigation and Team Galactic's Wager are both great hand disruption cards. Which do you think is better and which one will mostly be seen at states???

Looker's is gonna replace Wager. Sometimes with wager, your opponents has a bad hand and is relieved when you play wager. with looker's, you can look at your opponent's hand, and even if your certain that your gonna shuffle your hand in to your deck no matter what for the 5 cards, you still get some insight on what your opponents will do the next couple turns.

I also like Looker's but it doesn't give as much insight as you would hope. On their next turn they're getting a new card off the draw and more cards with claydol, uxie or what not. It's nice for the turn you play it, but the information will quickly become irrelevant.

Wager if you are good a RPS is the play because better lock and disruption. If you are bad at wager then play giritina. I don't really like playing lookers for the disruption becasue 5 cards isn't really disrupion. I play it only to replace rowan and see the opponents hand. Giritina is better becasue it only give them 4 cards which that last card can be game changing for your opponetn plus if you have room you can tech in the lv.x and thats even more disrupion.

Looker's if I want to see their hand but shuffle mine, and wager if I want disruption.

Even if you lose wager, their new hand of 6 is only 20% better than what it would have been if you made them shuffle/draw with Looker.

Wager makes both players shuffle and redraw, so that dual purpose function alone puts it a bit ahead of Looker's in most cases.

I've found that normally, if I play either, I want to shuffle my hand into my deck, and I almost always want my opponent to shuffle theirs in. Looker's also isn't very disruptive, getting 5 cards is helpful all too often.
Plus Wager is infinitely more fun. :tongue:

Back