Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

does poision some before healing

In between turns, you do all the effects before checking for a KO.

So it doesn't really matter.

i choose or serperior chooses, because on serperior it says any time between turns

lets say serperior had 90 damage on it if its ability comes first its not knocked out if posion comes first its knocked out which way does it go

Like I said, between turns you resolve ALL effects then check for KO

So you take poison, then heal

or you heal, then take poison (the order doesn't matter)

After you have done both, see if Serperior is knocked out.

The person DOING the action chooses. So, if YOU are poisoned and have Serperior in play, YOU choose which to do first.

Who cares what order stuff is done when nothing is checked for until everything has occured inbetween turns?

i choose or serperior chooses, because on serperior it says any time between turns

lets say serperior had 90 damage on it if its ability comes first its not knocked out if posion comes first its knocked out which way does it go

If the Ability comes first, you now have 80HP. Severe Poison triggers and puts you at 120. If you choose Poison first, it puts you at 130. Royal Heal triggers and puts you at 120.

Maybe he is saying if he had no damage he would like poison to come first, other wise it would be
0 damage
heal 10
0 damage
40 for poison
40 damage

if poison is first then it ends up at 30 damage. I know he gets to choose but I just wanted to say that it does matter. just only in that situation, because as you said before, if any damage is on it then it checks for after everything.

The ability says you get to choose when to use it. So either way, if it is beneficial to you, do it???

It says "At any time between turns, heal 10 damage from each of your Pokemon."

Hence the whole "ANY TIME."

IF THERE ARE MULTIPLE EFFECTS OCCURING BETWEEN TURNS, the person "who's pokemon is begin affected" decides the ORDER in which the effects play out.

Example:

Dusknoir LvX vs. Serperior

I have my DuskLvX as a stadium, I attack with Giratina and do 30 to ALL of their Pokemon.

I end my turn.

My Opponent, can decide whether to apply the HEAL first and save a couple of potential KOs, or let the stadium spread effect go ahead and KO so he'll have bench space.
:smile:

This is why it is good to ask these kinds of questions in the Ask The Rules Team forum.

There is a correct answer but I haven't seen it here yet.

Some are close, but not quite correct.

"It doesn't really matter.
While there is an order for the above effects, you don't check for KO's until after all effects"
^Copied from Ask the Rules Team with the question of what order things happen inbetween turns. Serperior does say at any time although it won't effect the outcome.

Here is the order you go in.

From Page 15 of the new B&W Rule Book (available online!)

In-Between Turns Step
Before the game continues to the next player, take care of Special Conditions in this order:
1. Poisoned 2. Burned 3. Asleep 4. Paralyzed
Then, apply the effects of any Abilities (or anything else that a card states must happen between turns). After both players
have done these things, check to see if affected Pokémon were Knocked Out. Then, start the next player’s turn!

Copied from ask the rules team.

Back