Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

dominant decks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paperfairy

I dunno where this goes...

I'm designing a custom playmat that has pictures of all the key cards of dominant decks over the years. I only played competitively back in Base-Fossil and HP-on till now, so I'm missing some. Could anybody help out? This is what I have so far:

Blastoise, Hitmonchan, Scyther, Electabuzz, Wigglytuff, Muk, Blissey, Alakazam, Sneasel, (Slowking does NOT count) Blastoise/Steelix/Lugia, Metagross, Dragonite, Flygon delta, Dark Ampharos, Infernape, Delcatty, Luxray GL, Blaziken FB, Magmortar, Gardevoir, Gallade, Raichu/Exeggutor delta Gyarados, Beedrill

Anything else? Also, what sets are these guys from?

Blastoise/Steelix/Lugia, Metagross, Dragonite, Flygon delta, Dark Ampharos, Infernape (DP?), Delcatty ex, Raichu/Exeggutor delta

Here's some more.
Gengar Stormfront
Machamp Stormfront
Gardi/Gallade Secret Wonder and Mysterious Treasures
Flygon Rising Rivals
Gyarados Stormfront
Palkia G Lv X Platinum
Grachomp C Lv X Supreme Victors
Infernape 4 Lv X Rising Rivals
Dialga G Lv X Platinum
Uxie Lv X Legends Awakened
Possibly Charizard Arceus
Possibly Salamence Lv X Arceus
As for HGSS, we do not know.

If you are doing dominant decks through history, it should be stuff like . . .

Haymaker
Wigglytuff
Sneasel
Riptide Feraligatr
Metanite
Rock Lock
LBS
Mewtrick
Absolutions
Gardy/Gallade
Dialga G

Stuff like Shuppet donk and Salamence LV X :)eek:) aren't in the same league . . . have they been the best deck at a whole series of tournaments? Won Worlds or US Nats? Have they dominated a format? Nope. Not even close. All Sally has managed is a couple of Cities top cuts iirc.

As for stuff like Charizard AR and Jumpluff HGSS . . . they haven't done anything yet.

Between Riptide Gatr and Metanite, Blaziken and Team Magma were big. So was the old Gardevoir EX. Dark Steelix was awesome too, until they errata'd Mantine TRR.

RS Gardy/Gardyex
RS Blaziken/Blazex
Team Aqua/Magma (I think it was Magma that won Worlds)
Eevees (just cuz :p)

You're also forgetting Donphan from Neo Genesis which was also a worlds-winning deck. And Slowking, the card that was translated wrong and so good that it was banned!

Let's stick to decks that were clearly above and beyond their competition in the years they were played. In order, I think that makes the following:

Haymaker (Hitmonchan, Scyther, Electabuzz, later Rocket's Zapdos and Fossil Magmar)
Feraligatr
Gardy/ex
Blaze/ex (BAR, RAMBO)
Magma
RockLock (Ttar, Ampharos, Pidgeot, ATMRock)
LBS
MetaNite
Gardy/Gallade
Cyrus (to represent the myriad of SP decks in the current format)

Now, I like Bullados's List, but with two Additions:

1) Sneasel/Slowking (How can't you???)

2) ARCANINE SV RUSH!!!!

Now, I like Bullados's List, but with two Additions:

1) Sneasel/Slowking (How can't you???)

2) ARCANINE SV RUSH!!!!

Basically, I refuse to acknowledge Slowking in any form whatsoever. It's a card that should never have existed in the first place (being mistranslated), so its victories were illegitimate. Not to mention there were few-to-no Premier-level events at the time. Also, the OP said very specifically to ignore the presence of Slowking.

Basically, I refuse to acknowledge Slowking in any form whatsoever. It's a card that should never have existed in the first place (being mistranslated), so its victories were illegitimate. Not to mention there were few-to-no Premier-level events at the time. Also, the OP said very specifically to ignore the presence of Slowking.

OK, but sneasel was still great.

Also from that Era: Entei/Magcargo?
Kingdra Swarm?

Bullados, I think everyone is entitled to value Slowking's impact if they so choose, your opinion and the original poster's are welcome but not free from opposition. More than anything, America didn't see what would've happened if Slowking wasn't legal. The era lacks a substitute for his presence. Without Slowking, I think Trapper was hands down the best deck then, and it was no fun to play against.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back