Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HGSS-on DonChamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendan

So, I've been playing around with my lists a bit and I've found a pretty good list. It can consistently set up Donphan T2 90% of the time. What I'm unsure about it the amount of Junk Arm/PlusPower/Reversal/anything else in the deck because there are times when I want to hit PP or Reversal and I just don't. I also sometimes actually whiff on Fighting Energy which slows me down too much, so I could take out 1 fighting energy or 2 for some hand-refreshing cards.

List:
Pokémon (19):
3 Cleffa (HS/CL)
4 Phanpy (CL)
4 Donphan (Prime) (GS)
3 Machop (TM)
2 Machoke (TM)
3 Machamp (Prime) (TM)

T/S/S (28):
4 Pokémon Collector (GS)
3 Professor Oak's New Theory (GS/CL)
2 PlusPower (UL/BW)
2 Professor Juniper (BW)
4 Pokémon Communication (GS/BW)
3 Rare Candy (UL)
3 Switch (GS/BW)
2 Junk Arm (TM)
3 Pokémon Reversal (GS)
1 Ruins of Alph (UD)
1 Judge (UL)

Energy (13):
10 Fighting Energy
3 Double Colourless Energy

The Judge may seem very unnecessary but it can work quite well vs other decks. This is used when I am fully set up or have enough Donphan/Machamp in play to go through their field, to slow them down early on and steamroll with Donphan or just to ensure that win mid-late game so they don't pull out any fancy tech or PlusPower or Reversal.
The Ruins of Alph I am considering dropping. I understand there are some things that wall against Donphan decently, but with MagneBoar's rise in play and popularity, I don't want to put my Donphan on a 3-shot for Magnezone. When I build up multiple Donphan, I can easily win. Donphan absorbs Lost Burns very well and 4 energy in the LZ is quite a price for MagneBoar. The way that MagneBoar does beat this deck (well, Donphan) is either Reversal for prizes or RDL.
RDL can run through this deck easily and it's quite hard to take down. So maybe Bouffalant could fit in this Ruins of Alph spot...
What do you guys think. If possible, I would like another Junk Arm or PlusPower. I think 3 Reversal is fine for now, but will probably max it out when Catcher is released to abuse Donphan's speed and power to disrupt the opponent's set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back