Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HGSS-on Donphan/Dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barkjon

Just picked up this deck. I had my heart set on playing Donphan/Weavile/Zoroark, and in testing and playing it's actually pretty good, but I think a non-disruption deck would probably be better. Thus, I have Donphan/Dragons...

POKEMON (13):
4-4 Donphan Prime
2 Zekrom
2 Reshiram
1 Basculin

T/S/S (34):
4 PONT
4 Catcher
3 Collector
2 Dual Ball
4 Comm
3 Junk Arm
3 Juniper
2 Judge
3 Switch
4 PlusPower
1 Ruins of Alph
1 FSG

ENERGY (13):
4 DCE
9 Fighting

STRAT:

Relatively simple. Get a Donphan and fighting out as soon as possible (T2 hopefully) and get Reshi, Zek, Basculin, and another Donphan on bench. EQ hurts your bench (except for the Donphan) powering up the Outrages or the Flail.

You hit hard and fast. Reshi is great against anybody with fire weakness (Scizor Prime, Steelix, or most grass) and really stops Kingdra Prime. Zekrom is excellent against water (that hits both Reshi and Donphan for weakness) and against the ever-popular Yanmega. Basculin is mainly in there for TyRam and mirror.

So, LMK how it is. Considering tossing in 1-1 Zoroark.

You'll want to test against Vileplume decks. I built a D&D deck and it seemed to work pretty well, but quick Vileplumes with the right attacker (especially Beartic) was just toruture.

Other notes 3/1 Zek/Ram is better, Reshi isnt needed as much, and i really like playing single copies of any number of these cards with Junk Arm accesibility, Defender, PokeGear and Crush Hammer.

Last edited:
^
Yeah, I can see that. I'm not really expecting tons of Vileplume/Beartic after BRS, but I'll have to see.

I think 2 reshirams is a smart play but not the best play because of are area.. Im the only one who is using kingdra while most of the other guys are running primetime or stage 1 rush or tyram. So Im thinking 3 zekroms is the smart play.
-1 reshiram
+1 zekrom

You have alot of discarding cards (3 juniper and three junk arm!) but you also run FSG so thats ok I guess but what are the two judges for? I just dont see a use for them. explain?

^
That's a good idea, I might try the 3rd Zekrom. Been testing and I really like the deck so far, so IDK. Keep in mind I'm a Senior, so it will prolly be different.

Judges are for early game disruption, but primarily for another draw power. I might drop them for some Copycats, instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back