Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Donphan for BR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright guys, I have been running Donphan for little more than a year now, but I need help updating my list for Battle Roads. For the most part, it runs quickly, but lately I have had difficulties setting up. And before people comment, I am aware that I need to add more catcher. If you could help my little consistency issue that would be greatly appreciated :)

Pokemon

4-4 Donphan Prime
2 Zekrom
1 Shaymin
1 Cleffa

Trainer/Supporter/Stadium

3 Pokemon Communication
2 Dual Ball
1 Random Reciever
2 Switch
2 Plus Power
3 Pokemon Collector
3 Junk Arm
4 Professor Juniper
2 N
4 Professor Oak's New Theory
3 Sage's Training
1 Flower Shop Lady
1 Pokemon Catcher
2 Super Scoop Up
2 Exp. Share

Energy

4 Double Colorless
8 Fighting
2 Rainbow

STRATEGY: Set up as quickly as possible nabbing early prizes with Donphan's Earthquake. Swarm Donphan and win. Serperior is to reduce the damage my bench takes and makes Donphan even tankier.

Last edited:
Why tornadusEX? Seems like an unneeded 2 prize liability. How often do you actually get serperior out? I'd bet not that often with such a thin line.
I think that might be part of your consistency issue. Trying to setup unecessary things might be drawing your focus away from donphan.
I'd cut both of those and maybe cleffa for some Terrakions and another zekrom.
You could then turn the comms into Heavy Balls(works well with phan and kion).
Consider some other things like 2-3 max potion(to heal earthquake damage or refresh a damaged donphan) or even expshare(to get to Heavy Impact/Land Crush easier). You also might consider playing a few rainbow energy and a shaymin so you could Bolt Strike if necessary.
Posted with Mobile style...

One discrepancy I saw immediately was that royal guard heals EVERY Pokemon for ten, and if your running Zekrom's outrage, I feel like youd have trouble getting going.

Did I locate a real issue or do you already have a solution?

I really don't get Serperior out every game, only sometimes. If i do get it, then I don't get Zekrom. The Serperior helps to avoid giving my opponent a free prize. Honchvire is right though, I will remove the line so I can focus more on consistency.

---------- Post added 06/01/2012 at 01:02 PM ----------

So after looking, I didn't find any Terrakion, but I did make some changes based your other suggestions:

-2-1-1 Serperior
-1 Pokemon Collector
-1 Tornadus EX

+2 Rainbow Energy
+2 Super Scoop Up
+1 Shaymin EX
+2 Exp. Share

Last edited:
Good thing u cut Serperior I don't think it would have done much for you. If you have more Catchers add more, 3 or 4 is a good number.

If you still wanted some healing power, you could try running Pokemon Center. It would also work as a counter stadium to disrupt decks depending on SAB.

If you have some reversals they might do as a replacement if you can't find any more catchers

Here's where i'd start (I'm assuming you only have one catcher and three junk arms)

4-4 Donphan
1 Cleffa
2 Zekrom
1 Kyurem (For use against Groudon and quad entei if needed)
1 Shaymin UL (For use to pull off a suprise attack from nowhere if needed)

1 Catcher
3 Junk Arm
2 Max Potion
1 Switch
2 SSU
2 EXP share

3 Collector
2 Dual Ball
3 N
4 Juniper
4 PONT
2 pluspower

And i'd try for three rainbow, some DCE (not too many, though, only used for outrage on your dragons) and the rest fighting.

Add in more trainers to taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back