Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

donphan+kindra+max potion=?

Christonian3000

This is my first post and im anxious but ima hit the floor running and get to the point.

I've been eyeing this possible combo for some time and am wondering of how the community felt about it? the deck seems fast and energy efficent. Along with a junk arm/ sages training/juniper engine i see speed and synergy with catcher, rare candy, communications, and dual balls. Donphan can handle reshiram and 2hit ko (spay splash) while theoreticly healing it all off. Im very interested in your feedback and what would you think would give this deck trouble except trainer lock?[

Interesting idea, but keep in mind that kingdra is catcher bait especially since his attack gets dropped down to 20 against reshiram.

Interesting idea, but keep in mind that kingdra is catcher bait especially since his attack gets dropped down to 20 against reshiram.
Which is why he said Donphan 2 shots Reshiram with a Spray Splash...

Kingdra will be Catcher bait but you can set up a Donphan T2 and take some prizes while setting up Kingdra's mid-late game.
The only problem I see for Kingdra is Zekrom and Donphan easily takes that out with EQ and Spray Splash.
I think the deck could work and could stand a chance against a lot of other decks with a few techs. There's bound to be plenty of space left in a list which will allows you tech or max out consistency.

And to make this deck more annoying keep in mind max potion will be used and it will heal its self since only basculin(technicly),samurott, and ESL one shot(i may have forgotten more sorry) it, both of these suckers have very high hp and unlike donphan, kingdra has a low retreat cost to get rid of that stupid beartic lock. Every other deck must set up this deck doesnt require that and i feel it may be on par with Stage 1 rush IMO in terms of speed. Just saying.lol

I'm actually testing a Donphan/Yanmega/Kingdra deck at the moment and it seems to work nicely. Haven't tried any max potions yet though.

ReshiPhlosion (or TyRam, whichever one you prefer to call it) eats this deck alive. Same with Goth (if they are able to set up a Goth and Reuniclus), this deck doesn't do well against it.

Tyram can try!!!!Lol
since they have to 1ko me to give me trouble, I can 2 hit and max potion away (theoretically)
Trainer lock concerns me, the goth is bulky but but Donphan is too fast unless...(stroke of genius) the goth
Uses a max potion as well?lol
But the goth give me problems so all I can do is spam Donphan.
Okay this is where yall guys and gals come in =)
What would pokegym do?
Posted with Mobile style...

To spam! XD
For one energy it does 60, now imagine I'm rapidly hitting for 60 with Donphan and kingdra while trying to disrupt with catcher and healing all the damage off. Another thing kingdra is there is for spay splash, might throw in there a zekrom to counter samurott.

You're going to want a reliable bulky big attacker to back you up. Machamp Prime? Samurott?
The thing with this deck is that Donpha is normally paired with late game finishers. Kingdra only does 60 and won't do any good late game. Not saying Kingdra is bad since it abuses Max Potion and other things like Reversal well but the deck doesn't have a big late game finisher.
Samurott may be your best bet since it helps with the fire types.

The way this deck is made Mr. Nintendan is that there is no late game attackers This decks speed won't allow it, speed and it's ability to tank ( thank to Max) allows us to always put pressure and keep it that way, I don't think it needs a pokemon that's late game since our new meta is gonna be fast, I won't allow anything to set up! My build focuses on speed and waste as little resources as possible. Now if I lose this control I'm screwed!=D
Setting up is for squares!LOL(even though I have to set up kingdra)

True, true. But you have to watch out for Reshiram since you don't do much to it and careful around the slow Twins Set Up decks. If you take a prize, they'll Twins and get everything they need. Trainer lock decks also hurt this, you'll have to rely on speed to KO all Basics on board that can evolve up into anything that locks you.

What about jirachi?
It can help against deck lock?
Add 2 psychic and discard them with junk and sages?
With spay splash I can grab I couple of cheap kos?

Back