3 x Junk arm
3 x Pluspower
3 x Switch
3 x Pokemon reversal
3 x Candy

Energy:12
9 Fighting
3 DCE

strat: Use donphan as main attacker, Whilst setting up machamp for easy k.o's.

Yanmega - free attacker and good in mirror match due to its resistance. Also good for sniping baby pokemon that are on the bench

Judge/copycat -self explanatory with yanmega

zoroak - double colourless and PP gives alot of answers to resh, zek, RDL, emboar and so on.

Ideas:
Samurott - is it worth tech'ing? or running a thick line? It can survive a hit from emboar (attacker) and RDL which makes it useful. but how do i fit it in?
Zoroark - i use 1-1 lineup but debating 2-2 due to its so effective at a killing the poke's with large damage attacks. combining Zoroark with PP gives 1hitko on majority of the top tier decks
Cleffa - i'm against baby pokemon being used with donphan, but i cant ignore the fact its a great starter.
Boufallant - basic that enables quick revenge kills, i like it for this reason alone though but room and the fact zoraork has more potential has made me drop it from original list.
Seeker/Reuniclus - i like this combination alot, but due to poke'mon reversal and pokemon catcher in near future i will stay away from it.
Poke'gear 3.0 - i really would like to fit this in due to how important the supporters are for this deck. Also due to fact an opponent may judge me then use magnezone's ability to refresh their hand.

What is needed:
advice, what could u suggest that can help/ your experiences
Samurott is it good enough to work? can you find a way to tech or run thickline of it?
zoroark is it better at 1-1 or 2-2?

Last edited:
Personally, i dont think that samurott would be a particularly useful tech as you already run machamp, and you would have to run rainbows or water energy to be effective with it. And your signature pretty much answers why not to run a thick line of samurott.
Posted with Mobile style...

-1 Judge
+1 Reversal

Reversal will be pretty important early game for preventing set up.
While this change decreases Yanmega to attack often, I believe that Donphan can equally take out anything setting up on the bench. You have 3 PlusPower and Junk Arm to deal extra damage any way.

Personally, i dont think that samurott would be a particularly useful tech as you already run machamp, and you would have to run rainbows or water energy to be effective with it. And your signature pretty much answers why not to run a thick line of samurott.

samurott ability is triple colourless to attack. but thanks for the other pieces of advice :)

---------- Post added 06/17/2011 at 02:53 PM ----------

-1 Judge
+1 Reversal

Reversal will be pretty important early game for preventing set up.
While this change decreases Yanmega to attack often, I believe that Donphan can equally take out anything setting up on the bench. You have 3 PlusPower and Junk Arm to deal extra damage any way.

makes sense to me, though would it be better to drop copycat > judge? since i'm trying to disrupt opponents hand rather than refresh my own equal to theirs

True but base damage 70 plus 10 for each water. Which doesnt make it too effectuve unless you have water energy on it...

the samurott idea was so it could OHKO resh and OHKO emboar (non ability) witha plus power. Samurott can also withstand a hit from RDL and emboar. The ability samurott i found is also good for not taking damage from donphans earthquakes.

wait, you dont even need to run samurott. champ buster OHKOs reshiram, both emboars, RDL, and really everything else. so dont even bother with samurott lol

Yeah, you could drop Copycat if you want. Whichever seems to be the best in your testing should be kept.

Atm im currently having problems due to a very slow setup. this deck ahnilated zekrom but got torn apart by all reshiram varients. (it hasnt been tested vs magezone yet)

my start seemed to be reasonable - poor majority of the time. i'm currently tempted to try cleffa now to try and improve the odds of a setup. donphan might be the essence of death for it but to setup might be a price ill have to pay.

samurott im debating still due to being a clear reshiram answer and its ability preventing it being hurt by donphan. However yanmega is proving less viable (keeps getting k'o'd before doing any crucial damage)

I really dont like Zoroark in this, as to ohko the important ****, your going to need the plus power almost always. If your having problems setting up, I'd deff go with Cleffa. Yes Donphan can pwn it easily but it can also stall you into letting you set up.

-Zoroark lineup
-3 Plus Power

+3 Cleffa
+2 Twins

Twins should help get you there after Cleffa gets KO'ed either by your opponent, or off chance of your Donphan

Yanmega also might not be the way to go. If the mirror gets relevant in the future it might, but as of right now with an unclear meta I would probably drop it

I really dont like Zoroark in this, as to ohko the important ****, your going to need the plus power almost always. If your having problems setting up, I'd deff go with Cleffa. Yes Donphan can pwn it easily but it can also stall you into letting you set up.

-Zoroark lineup
-3 Plus Power

+3 Cleffa
+2 Twins

Twins should help get you there after Cleffa gets KO'ed either by your opponent, or off chance of your Donphan

Yanmega also might not be the way to go. If the mirror gets relevant in the future it might, but as of right now with an unclear meta I would probably drop it

currently redoing this deck atm with a friend who's more of an expert on the game than myself. ill post the changes shortly. i appreciate the advice, and will more than likely drop yanmega completly (getting on my nerves with low damage output and viability to the deck)

i will more than liekly add twins and cleffa. though im going to try and keep zoroark lineup due to its a quick answer to alot of things. Is also very fun with pokemon reversal

Donphan and Machamp can already kill Reshiram as Reshiram can't one shot it without two plus powers, but they again they'd have to be wasting there cards which will turn themselves into dead draw's for a bit, so i'd say Zoruark isn't really needed as Donphan and Machamp can do good without it, and you can increase it's consistency by taking that out and the cleffa. You know what they say consistency is what wins games.

The cleffa is in for draw power for setup as a starter... And zoroark is kindof useless. -1-1 zoroark,+ 1 PP, +1 Junk arm maybe.

Donphan and Machamp can already kill Reshiram as Reshiram can't one shot it without two plus powers, but they again they'd have to be wasting there cards which will turn themselves into dead draw's for a bit, so i'd say Zoruark isn't really needed as Donphan and Machamp can do good without it, and you can increase it's consistency by taking that out and the cleffa. You know what they say consistency is what wins games.

i agree with consistancy wins games. I found zoroark to be okish, has alot of potential but it does disrupt consistancy. Though i added cleffa as a starter since previously when i had yanmega's etc to always start poor/setup slow

---------- Post added 06/20/2011 at 12:23 AM ----------

The cleffa is in for draw power for setup as a starter... And zoroark is kindof useless. -1-1 zoroark,+ 1 PP, +1 Junk arm maybe.

perhaps this could work. though without zoroark id -1 dce since i only use them for zoroark and machamps champ buster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back