Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HGSS-on DonphanDragons w/ Reuni/Plume

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendan

Hey guys. So I've been working on my Donphan Dragons deck and stuff.
Now obviously Reuniclus is just so good in this deck and if I'm not playing it, I feel like I'm missing out. I don't know about any other DD players but to me, it feels wrong or just bad to rely on Donphan EQ to get enough damage on your Pokémon. So this is where Reuniclus comes in. When this guy comes into Donphan Dragons, that damage output you can get your Dragons to handle is ridiculous. You can one-shot Typhlosion and Magnezone Prime. Just by moving the DMG Counters around, you get so much damage onto them and they abuse Outrage more than Donphan does by EQing them.
I know this really seems like Ross's deck and it may seem like I'm also trying to copy him, but I'll be honest. I'm not. I have been thinking of Reuniclus for quite some time now and I wanna give him a go.
I'm kinda on the fence about this idea. Since I'm running Plume, it's annoying to not be able to Switch out freely, Catcher up any game changing Pokemon late-game. Of course, you could say you let Donphan die, can retreat your Dragons and Dragons take care of late game Pokemon anyway but it still feels meh to me.

The strategy is simple. Donphan is your early game attacker. For 1 Energy he does 60 damage and does 10 to each of your bench. Reuniclus moves this about and can focus it on one Dragon. With a full non-Donphan bench, you can move the 50 damage from EQ onto one Dragon and that's quite a lot. Let's also remember Donphan also takes damage so this too can be spread. Later in the game, you get your Dragons to take the last few prizes. You can do 140 for a DCE with no draw back (apart from being 10HP from a KO) and just wreck any big HP late game attackers. If you have too much damage on board, some cna be put onto Plume, Reuniclus or even any benched Donphan (though this is unlikely as with Trainer Lock, you won't Switch and will normally let Donphan die.)

And now I'll shut up and give you the list:

Pokémon (21) :
3-3 Donphan Prime
1 Reshiram
2 Zekrom
3-1-2 Vileplume
3-1-2 Reuniclus

T/S/S (26) :
4 Pokemon Collector
4 Pokémon Communication
4 Rare Candy
2 Catcher
3 PONT
3 Sage's
2 Judge
2 Juniper
2 Twins

Energy (13) :
4 Rainbow Energy
3 DCE
6 Fighting Energy

Thanks for reading. LMK of any possible improvements and let me know if it's worth running ReuniPlume in this deck. Half of me wants to the other half doesn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
For a league deck, this would be fun.
For proper times games, probably too slow..

Also, you can go straight ahead and take out the catchers for something else.
SEL, cleffa, 2 more twins... anything is better than catcher (which will be completely useless to you after turn 2 - hopefully)

3-2-2 Reuniclus could be better, something to test.
I'd take out judge, since your opponent's hand is likely to have lots of useless trainers anyway. Juniper not a great plan in a deck so reliant on some cards - really don't want to throw away a gloom, vileplume and all that.

-2 Catcher
-2 Judge
-2 Juniper

+2 Twins
+Duosion
+Cleffa
+SEL?
+FSL?

I would have to agree that the Catchers are not worth the space. In an idol set up, there will only be one turn per game when you can play your Catchers. I would suggest running more hand refresh in this list, it looks a little low, and Sage's is still kinda iffy in my opinion.

-2 Pokemon Catcher
-2 Judge
+3 Copycat
+1 PONT

Under a trainer lock, odds are your opponents hand size will be pretty large, so a Copycat can be very useful if you are in a tight spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back