Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Double CC Weekend

KAZUTO!!!

Soo we went down to WA this weekend to hopefully get some points and stuff. Yeah I decide to play LuxChomp since I love it and my list has been working consistently lately. Anyways for the first one I get there, decide last minute to use VS Seeker over Cynthia and register. Seniors have 16 players; 4 Rounds Top 4.

Round 1 vs. Alex S. w/ Magnezone/Stuff

I start poorly but have a Copycat which manages to get me stuff. Eventually I set up and 6-0. GG.

1-0

Round 2 vs. Liam W. w/ Gyarados

Ugh. I never draw a Cyrus all game and so lose the exchange in the end. We play a fun match after and I beat him after drawing Cyrus. Ah well, can still make Cut. Just gotta dodge Machamp, oof which there are 2, both 1-1. Funn. GG.

1-1

Round 3 vs. William w/ Machamp

Uggh just what I didn't want to play. He gets T2 Machamp going first and I was sad, as I had no response. I sac something to Collector for Uxie, next turn I manage to Zen Blade KO it. Whoooo. He doesn't get anything else up from there despite me letting him get a Set Up for 7 in (2 Sprays Prized fail). GG.

Round 4 vs. Justin H. w/ MACHAMP/Kingdra

Whyyy. I get to play both the Machamps. But this time it's all good; I get really lucky and topdeck a Chomp going second so I can DCE Gain Poketurn Draggy Uxie into Bat T1 KO his Machop, next turn Dragon Rush his second Machop, and from there simply take 4 more Prizes. GG.

3-1

So I make Cut as 3rd seed, playing against Uxie Donk. I figure I should be good if I can survive T1 and draw into Sprays.

Top 4 vs. Steven R. w/ Uxie Donk

Game 1:
I get donked.

Game 2: We exchange Prizes, I'm waiting to hit a Spray to prevent him from doing anything for a turn and basically winning me the game, but sadly never draw it all game. I am forced to sac something one turn and he takes the lead there and never looks back. I misplay twice in this game, I think I could've won had I not misplayed there. Whatever; probably would've been donked Game 3 anyways. =P

Props

Cyrus (if I put you in Props will I draw into you more? Lol)
Cor
Kevin
3rd
LuxCHomp
Winning a Binder
Friends
Opponents
Organizer + Judges
Copycat

Slops

Dead draws and donks

Next day:

Night before I decide I'll either add ERL or 4th Spray and 4th Call rather than Looker and VS Seeker, end up going with 4 Spray/4 Call.

12 Seniors, Top 2.

Round 1 vs. Liam W. w/ Machamp

I get donked.

0-1

Round 2 vs. Bye

T_T No chance of Top Cut and no points.

Round 3 vs. Mathiew D. w/ LuxChomp

Best game evah. Starts off fairly standard mirror match; we both set stuff up. I snipe his Chomp first, he counters with his Dragonite, I Dragonite, he has no response. He sends up Uxie X and passes, I Giant Tail for fun... HEADS. Lol. He sacs some SP, I Mach Blow. Uxie comes up, Giant Tail... HEADS AGAIN. 2 Prizes with Giant Tail. <33333 I take my next 2 Prizes with Mach Blow. GG.

2-1

Round 4 vs. Alex D. w/ DialgaChomp

Standard SP mirror; we trade Prizes with Chomps and such, he has more mirror counters but I ed up winning it anyways. GG.

3-1

Sooo I have the worst Resistence there (41.65% or something) because Liam went 1-3 and I got a bye. T_T

Props

Cyrus
Cor
Kevin
Dragonite FB
LuxCHomp
Friends
Opponents
TO + Judges
Copycat
No dead draws

Slops