Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Double Colorless Addtion to a Deck

RevYolution

So I have never really played any double colorless energies into a deck but feel that having some would speed it up quite a bit. The main attackers that I would consider it with is Tangrowth CoL with a Emboar inferno fandango to feed :fire:. I was wondering if adding the :colorless::colorless: would really make this type of deck any better?

The DCE will make this deck a lot better. It will be like attaching 2 energies w/ one attachment and you can use it with your deck, so why not??

I guess what I should have added is that since there is no way of searching for (not a basic energy) it all can be done is wait to draw them. This adds the bother of adding cards that draw a lot and things of that nature. I really was only adding four of the double colorless energy cards so the likelihood of drawing them is low for its use.

Interviewer's Questions can get special energy. That and there's always Energy Exchanger. But if you're already Inferno Fandangoing, it wouldn't really make much difference.

Interviewer's Questions can get special energy. That and there's always Energy Exchanger. But if you're already Inferno Fandangoing, it wouldn't really make much difference.

Of course it would. DCE = Two energies. Fire energy = 1 Energy.

I think every Tangrowth deck should run DCE, it helps a lot with speed though it can not be retrived from the discard pile (as far as I know).

If you are building a HS-on deck, it does not really matter as energies are harder to search out anyway.

If you're running Tangrowth, certainly include DCE in your list, even if you also have the acceleration of Emboar. In fact, max it.

If you're considering other attackers with DCE, I'd advice Cinccino/Zoroark over Tangrowth CL.

Of course it would. DCE = Two energies. Fire energy = 1 Energy.

I think every Tangrowth deck should run DCE, it helps a lot with speed though it can not be retrived from the discard pile (as far as I know).

If you are building a HS-on deck, it does not really matter as energies are harder to search out anyway.

ummm if he is inferno fandango-ing, he could attach as many as he wants. this does make the DCE a little less necessary. i'd still use it anyhow, just because it can help if you're having trouble setting up emboar

ummm if he is inferno fandango-ing, he could attach as many as he wants. this does make the DCE a little less necessary. i'd still use it anyhow, just because it can help if you're having trouble setting up emboar

Double Colorless is still one more energy than one fire energy.

Currently in HS-on, there's no way to retrieve a DCE from the discard pile through the effect of an Ability, Poke-Power/Body, or Trainer. There are several attacks that do it, but most of those are self-attaching (e.g. Blissey HS).

^However, that may be changing soon. Japan has a reprint of the old "Recycle" card, with indications being we'll most likely get it next set. Not the most ideal recovery since it requires a flip, but it's better than nothing.

Back