Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Double Rainbow Energy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooka

Master Trainer
If I play a Double Rainbow Energy on a Kabuto, then evolve it to Kabutops ex, will the Double Rainbow Energy be discarded? Here is what Double Rainbow Energy says:

Double Rainbow Energy can be attached only to an Evolved Pokémon (excluding Pokémon-ex). While in play, Double Rainbow Energy provides every type of Energy but provides 2 Energy at a time. (Doesn't count as a basic Energy when not in play and has no effect other than providing Energy.) Damage done to your opponent's Pokémon by the Pokémon Double Rainbow Energy is attached to is reduced by 10 (after applying Weakness and Resistance). When the Pokémon Double Rainbow Energy is attached to is no longer an Evolved Pokémon, discard Double Rainbow Energy.

It does not state anywhere that if you evolve into a Pokémon-ex, the card must be discarded. I was just wondering what the ruling would be on this. Thanks.

Last edited:
Be sure and check out the Pokemon Compendium EX for all the latest rulings ( http://compendium.pokegym.net/compendium/rulings_compendium_ex.html ). The answer to your question can be found there:

Q. If I have a Double Rainbow Energy attached to my Kirlia and then I evolve it into Gardevoir-EX, do I have to discard the DRE or does it get to stay?

A. If the Double Rainbow Energy was already attached to a non-EX-Pokemon, then you have to remove it when the Pokemon evolves into an EX-Pokemon. (Mar 25, 2004 PUI Rules Team)

BDS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back