Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Drifloon kill's 2nd Place Cities Report

drifloon kill

This was the cities that was held at Alien Games in Jenks Oklahoma. I arrived early and practiced with some friends while the PTO was setting up everything. And quite a few people showed up around 30 masters, 11 seniors (i'm in the senior division) and 4 juniors. So it was time to get in line for deck check btw i'm playing CaKE after that i practiced a little more then after a while pairings were up.

Round 1 v. ??? w/ Rogue Deck

I go first and start with a kyurem then use collector and get voltarb, kyurem and a cobalion i put them down and attach an energy to the active kyurem and an eviolite and pass. He draws i don't remember what his bench was but he had 4 40-50 hp pokemon and he attaches to his active murkrow and passes. I draw then evolve voltarb into a electrobe and use energymite and get 5 energy but discard a pokemon catcher and a electrobe prime, i attach 2 water energy to the active kyurem and attached the rest do the benched cobalion and glaciate.
He draws a honchkrow and evolves the active murkrow then passes. I attached an energy to the benched cobalion and glaciate for 4 prizes. He draws then passes. I draw then glaciate for game gg.

1-0

round 2 v. ??? w/ T-tar varient

He goes first and starts with a larvitar he draws the passes. I start with a cobalion and collector for a voltarb, cobalion and kyurem then i attached to my active cobalion i pass.
He draws gets nothing then passes i evolve voltarb into electrobe the enerymite the power up cobalion for the knock out.

2-0

round 3 v. Zach w/ Tyram

i set up all my kyurems he cant get any catchers and i catcher up all his cyndaquils before he can evolve and i get 5 prizes fast he knows he can win and basically scoops gg.

3-0

round 4 v. Domineque w/ Durant

i set up round 3 and take 4 prizes then he brings up cobalion and iron break's everything y switches are no where to be found the games over pretty fast gg.

3-1

To my suprise i made top 2

Top 2

Frank Hicks (me) CaKE
Dominegue Durant

Round 1

I go first and set up by turn 2 and he mill's all of my main cards out my deck and i deck out

3-2

round 2

I go first i get everything i need attach then pass. His turn he plays Pont then plays N part my fault for not paying attention (he played 2 supporters in one turn) i call a judge i get an automatic win and a warning.

4-2

round 3

I go first and set up really fast and knocking out all of his durants but he still finds a way to knock me out GG.

PROPS:

2nd place
10 booster packs
pulling cobalion FA
getting a REV kyurem
5 champion points

SLOPS

losing 3 times to durant
putting uneeded cobalion down
ruining pair of sleeves

Thanks for reading

Back