Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Dunce Donk

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLOW DECK

I won't be going to Worlds this year, but I would play this Dunsparse Donk List with Confidence at Worlds.

14 Pokes
2 Dunsparse
1 Shuppet
3 Crobat G
3 Uxie
2 Unown Q
2 Mr Mime
1 Mime JR

4 Poke Dex
4 Poke Drawer

4 S-Prof Oak New Theory (great way of fishing)
2 S-Judge (Fishing and Hand diruption)

4 S-Roseanne (A way to find energy)
4 Dual Ball
1 Luxury Ball

4 PokeTurn
4 Super Scoop
4 Plus Power
3 Expert Belt
3 Pokemon Reversals

5 Energy
2 Psychic (Roseannable)
2 Cyclone (Awesome Options)
1 DCE (Need for Azelf Downer Material 2 NRG Lock)

Strategy: KO active pokemon every turn. Hide behind double Mime Walls.

Uxie's, Dual Balls, Roseanne, Drawers, and Poke-Dex is the first turn engine to get your resources flowing.
Roseanne let you search for Basics or Psychic energy to get the attack going.
Professor Oak New Theory works great with Uxie's and SSU in the deck. You often will play resources on a Dunsparce or Shuppet. PONT, find more resources such as PP or SSU or Reversals. or another Uxie.

Trainer Locks you have Cyclone's to move out the Spiritomb, or Shuppet's to two hit KO them if needed.

I find having just 2 Mime's out is just nasty. Your early wall would be Crobats, but as the game progresses the Mime's come out. You might not find all 4 plus powers right away, but you use the crobat drops to KO stuff as you go. Reversals are awesome. Hit on a key reversals as they try to build up energy on something, you win.

ONce you find NRG and Dunsparce (or shuppet) drop your resources on it, then use the fishing cards such as Oak and Judge to fishf and find other resources plus powers or poketurns or crobats.

Judge(and PONT) is so good here, you play your resources off Plus Powers, NRG, and Belt onto your attacker, then Judge them. YOu get your resources back after your attack. You learn that you conserve search resources in case you get Judged. Because you could get caught in a bad resource draw, but if you don't over spend your resources, you will often be able to restablish an attacker after a judge quickly.

Dunsparce and Cyclone Energy is so much more versitile in the deck than Shuppet allone, I have it in there. I can attack and donk with Dunsparce and Psychic early on, then switch to Shuppet as the game goes to get the extra bang. Rosanne's are needed for to go find Psycic NRG to get attacking.

I have found that First Trainer Turn I can ussually KO only one pokemon per turn, and you save resources as the game goes. Prof Oak new theory work well as you ussualy are set up with an EX Belt and 2 Plus powers early, and you just keep fishing for the 3rd and 4th as you go. The option to attack with both Shuppet or Dunsparce (or Uxie) helps allot versus Garchomp C Snipper. Shuppet might give you 10 more damage, but Dunsparce with Cyclone is often used more, and more valuable in match ups.

Mewtwo Counter is early Cyclone, then ultimately a Mr.Mime(evolved) and a Flip. Entie Raikou demands common sense bench control. Don't leave out Crobats and Uxies when you dont need to. Hey it still is tough, but you can SSU a Uxie, and not put it back down, attack wtih Uxie w/t extra EX belt and Energy to deck it, or Poke-turn a Crobat to hand, but not replay it.

Again, this deck has favorable match ups against Jumpluff, Garchomp C, Sableye Lock. It is fast. It would stuggle against energy acceleration decks such as Magenzone.

MD- On format, this deck get's serious problems because of the lack of Mime Wall.

Last edited:
wow. On paper, that list looks TERRIBAD!!

If you hadn't sat down and beat me to a pulp while playtesting for nats, I'd probably think this was a joke thread .. LOLz

Hmmm.

i dont know what to say to this deck.
it looks really bad, but it seems to work.

the only thing i could see a problem is the rising popularity of Sablelock.
they can shuffle your hand back into the deck with judge when you get your plus powers and expert belt back in your hand.

Ive always like shuppet/dunsparce because they just look pro. The only thing is that this deck falls hard to Dialgachomp and Vile/insert pokemon here decks.

Dialga Chomp would not be good, the Mime Wall does go down, once the Deafen Lock starts with 2 special energy, I would have a hard time keeping up. Again, I can live with a bad matchup or two. I don't know what the Worlds meta-game is shaping up to be. Those in the know, have probably have a better idea what is the field might look like.

My son played Sableye Lock to Nats T64 in masters this year. He conceeds the match up to me, but Sableye lock can beat anything, so I won't deny that. But if they can start with Sableye, One or Two Heads on an Initiative, and I will often still have cards to get rolling. That is why the match up is favorable.

ERL depends on if you are smart with Crobats and Uxie's. If you leave 4 Power Pokes on the board, yeah.. You lose. If you leave 2 or less of them on the board. You win. ERL does create one problem, I can't OHKO ERL in response.

MD on, this list doesn't work for many reasons. Losing Roseanne, Losing Good Walls. Vileplume-UD absolutely.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back