Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HGSS-on Durant needs Dissecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

The JL

Here is my Durant list. I am open to ANY suggestions.

Pokemon 8
4 Durant
2 Rotom
1 cobalion

T/S/S 42
4 Pokemon Collector
4 Juniper
3 Twins
1 Flower shop lady
4 Eviolite
4 Catcher
3 Revive
3 Junk arm
3 Level ball
2 Pokegear 3.0
4 Crushing Hammer
4 Lost Remover
2 Super rod
1 Black Belt
1 Alph Lithograph

Energy 10
6 Basic Metal
4 SP. Metal​

Strategy:Set up 4 durants as quickly as possible and shred opponents deck.

Last edited:
You might want to run a cobalion or two to deal with when the do get an attcker set up that is capeable of OHKo'ing your durants turn after turn after turn.

Last edited:
Replace:
FSL for a Super Rod.
Twins for a Junk Arm (always have 4).
I still prefer dual ball to level ball, but that's personal preference.

Just thinking, I'm not up to date on most of the more recent cards (EP and onwards), but I looked these ones up. Would a fire-type deck not completely destroy the Durants, leaving you with almost no chance of winning?

Cobalion is awful in this and there are so many better cards you can run. definitely needs more draw and fsl is pretty.

Try this:
4 Durant
1 Rotom

4 Juniper
4 PONT
3 Twins

2 Catcher
3 Crushing Hammer
1 Lost Remover
2 Unown (look at your prizes)
3 Eviolite
4 Junk Arm
4 Dual Ball
4 Level Ball
3 Lost Remover
4 Pokegear 3.0
3 Revive
1 Super Rod

6 Basic Metal
4 Special Metal

Cobalion is so good in durant, if you think it's not than you haven't played much durant obviously. Turbo durant IS good and durant with cobalion is good too, what to run is personal preference. But by no means is cobalion bad in durant, ask Florida. And you might just want to stick with 1 fsl as it helps against vileplume if you ever get stuck in that situation. Also consider running 2 battle stadiums if possible, helps on a CMT matchup, you can take out their bridge and force them to burn energy to retreat slowing the deck down even more against durant. You could do like
-2 rotom
-1 alph
+2 battle city
+1 super rod

The reason I say you can pull the rotor strategy is because often times of you dek search and see that you only have 2 Durants (you can still work the deck off 3 durants) you can just mill a few cards a turn and sacrifice Durant for the time being and use twins and stuff to go straight cobalion.
Posted with Mobile style...

Replace:
FSL for a Super Rod.
Twins for a Junk Arm (always have 4).
I still prefer dual ball to level ball, but that's personal preference.

Got 4 twins. Fsl is for the vileplume match.

Just thinking, I'm not up to date on most of the more recent cards (EP and onwards), but I looked these ones up. Would a fire-type deck not completely destroy the Durants, leaving you with almost no chance of winning?

Tested against reshiboar and reshiphlosion w/attack emboar. Both in favour Durant 2/3

Cobalion is awful in this and there are so many better cards you can run. definitely needs more draw and fsl is pretty.

Haven't tested w/cobalion yet but I'd rather have that plan to fall back on.

Try this:
4 Durant
1 Rotom I need to have a rotom when I need so 2 is more reliable as I have no "return cards"

4 Juniper
4 PONTnot sure about 4 PONT maybe 2
3 Twins 4 twin as ill almost never be infrint w/prize cards

2 Catcher
3 Crushing Hammer I want to max out on disruption cards
1 Lost Remover
2 Unown (look at your prizes) do you mean lithograph
3 Eviolite
4 Junk Arm
4 Dual Ball that would be a good idea, ther aren't many search cards in my deck
4 Level Ball
3 Lost Remover
4 Pokegear 3.0 4 seems a bit much
3 Revive
1 Super Rod if I were to play this i'd play more than 1

6 Basic Metal
4 Special Metal

I've given my opinions in bold

Cobalion is so good in durant, if you think it's not than you haven't played much durant obviously. Turbo durant IS good and durant with cobalion is good too, what to run is personal preference. But by no means is cobalion bad in durant, ask Florida. And you might just want to stick with 1 fsl as it helps against vileplume if you ever get stuck in that situation. Also consider running 2 battle stadiums if possible, helps on a CMT matchup, you can take out their bridge and force them to burn energy to retreat slowing the deck down even more against durant. You could do like
-2 rotom
-1 alph
+2 battle city
+1 super rod

The reason I say you can pull the rotor strategy is because often times of you dek search and see that you only have 2 Durants (you can still work the deck off 3 durants) you can just mill a few cards a turn and sacrifice Durant for the time being and use twins and stuff to go straight cobalion.

4 durants can be the difference between winning/losing
What do you think about seeker?

I haven't looked at my durlion deck yet I use for sure 3 twins it's perfict but I'm still looking for sm ideas.
I won 273 battles in my league and is king they call me in the league I lost 96 battles.

I haven't looked at my durlion deck yet I use for sure 3 twins it's perfict but I'm still looking for sm ideas.
I won 273 battles in my league and is king they call me in the league I lost 96 battles.

Run a Black belt it will win you games. Once I OhKO'd a Kurem with a Durant and a balck belt. Its also useful for OHKO'ing Victinis as well.

Just saying, but Durant pretty much outspeeds just about anything, as far as I've seen.

right so -1 twins
-1 fsl
+2 super rod
what should i take out for black belt?

---------- Post added 03/06/2012 at 05:37 PM ----------

UPDATED
-1 Cobalion
+1 Black belt
Reason: both easily searchable w/ twins

Don't really do seeker unless you plan on doing some crazy seeker/ drifblim thing (which I've seen in durant before) but of you seeker then they're most likely to pick a basic which they can just throw right back down next turn. So no seeker really. And yes I agree only 1 fsl is needed.

If you have Mewtwo ex try running 1 with a DCE teched in. That way other players that pump only Mewtwo will die as soon as you Twins for it and bam they wont know what hit them. Mewtwo in Durant is a solid play for States!!

This is a similar but faster concept than the Drifblim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back