Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HGSS-on durant swarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrSlowpokePhd

Ever since red collection came out I have seen tons of durant swarm decks out. But this one is different, different in its own way, this will be my longest article on pokegym, as I have a lot to tell you. Now on to the list.

POKEMON-
4 durant
4 druddigon
2-2 metal bisharp
3 skarmory
2-2 scizor prime
1 cleffa/manaphy

T/S/S
2 evolite
2 rocky helmet
4 pokemon collector
4 pokemon communication
4 energy search
3 interviewers questions
2 PONT
1 Professor juniper
3 random draw cards
1 energy exchanger
ENERGY
4 special metal energy
10 metal energy
strategy, use durant, discard cards, then either stall with druddigon or bomb with scizor or bisharp

Last edited:
I think theres a reason other durant decks are different. durant should not be in the same deck as scizor. focus on either scizor and skarmory and doing loads of damage or do something similar to the other durant decks

See, the problem here is that your main win condition needs to be to deck out your opponent for Durant to work. And if you're going for a deck out, every turn you're not milling 4 with Durant is a turn wasted.

For Scizor to work, you need to focus on locking your opponent and drawing your 6 prize cards. So every turn you don't contribute towards that goal is, again, a turn wasted.

In short, I don't really see the synergy here. You're going for a mill, yet you play Scizor and Bisharp. You're going for damage, yet you play Durant. The only thing your Pokémon have in common is their shared energy type, which is still not a good thing to build your deck on.

So my advice is pick a win condition for this deck, and work toward that and only that.
Hope I helped!

~Akane

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

I agree with Akane i would stick with one or the other, try taking either the durants, out or the scizor and bisharps for similar Durant play and then try them out and see which one you like the best.
-LG

I agree with Akane as well. From the Durant deck I've played against, even decking out is an inconsistent strategy if it's paired up against 1HKO pokemon. However, he did win just about ever other match he played except for the ones against me.... so I guess Durant does lead to victory haha. Any way, you'd be way too busy getting Durants out that get KO'ed way to easily to be able to set up everything else properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back