Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

dusknoir and computer search

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah…

Even if they had been legal, they would've needed a reference. Therefore no gain whatsoever by anyone from it being legal.

Just a loss for those who went out and bought them for some reason…

How do you figure? Even if they were, you would have needed an Ace Spec one outside of the deck.

Or they could errata it like Potion, Pluspower, or Rare Candy...

The point is that there were steps that could've been taken to save players money. Those steps were not taken; hence, some players feel screwed. Personally, I'm indifferent. Another $40-$50 card has little impact on me.

So... does this mean that the older versions of Computer Search still function as "normal" Items in Unlimited?

I was looking forward to what this would do to current decks if suddenly players could only run a single Computer Search.

So... does this mean that the older versions of Computer Search still function as "normal" Items in Unlimited?

I was looking forward to what this would do to current decks if suddenly players could only run a single Computer Search.

The "most recent printing" rule for Trainer cards should cover Computer Search. There is nothing that indicates otherwise so far.

Except that this ruling effectively makes Base Set Computer Search the fifth card in the history of this game to be BANNED OUTRIGHT. It now joins such cards as NG Sneasel, NG Slowking, Ancient Mew, and Birthday Pikachu. And there is absolutely no reason for it to be banned. There is no new text on the new Computer Search that affects gameplay in any way, shape, or form. All it affects is deck construction rules. And players should know these rules before going to tournaments. To me, this is no different from Rare Candy, Potion, or Energy Retrieval. I do not understand this ruling in the slightest.

I think both players and judges should realize what Computer Search is, and realize that if you have one in the deck, you can't have any of the other three that are currently the same type of trainer (ace spec). I think this ruling is more for Juniors and Seniors more than Masters. There is a bigger chance it would confuse the younger players, but not the older players. I mean it should get checked out with a simple deck check, but still, an unfortunate ruling.

Drew

Except that this ruling effectively makes Base Set Computer Search the fifth card in the history of this game to be BANNED OUTRIGHT. It now joins such cards as NG Sneasel, NG Slowking, Ancient Mew, and Birthday Pikachu. And there is absolutely no reason for it to be banned. There is no new text on the new Computer Search that affects gameplay in any way, shape, or form. All it affects is deck construction rules. And players should know these rules before going to tournaments. To me, this is no different from Rare Candy, Potion, or Energy Retrieval. I do not understand this ruling in the slightest.
It's not banned, it's just being treated as a different card than modern Computer Search for the sake of modified. Thus, the situation is closer to any other rotated card than Sneasel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back