Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Dusknoir Night Spin

HotRodDad

Need clarification on 3 cases:

#1 My son used Dusknoir Night Spin to KO my active Kingdra. I bring up a new Kindgra from my bench which does not have any energy attached and call the attack Aqua Stream. My son says the effects of Aqua Stream are prevented because my new Kindgra does not have any energy attached. I told him that the effects of Night Spin only applied to the first Kingdra he KO and my new Kingdra can damage his Dusknoir. Please advise.

#2 My son used Dusknoir's Night Spin to damage my active Kingdra. I retreat and bring up a new Kingdra without any energy attached and call the attach Aqua Steam. My son states the same case arguement as above. The retreat does not cancel the effects of the Night Spin, so the new Kingdra's attack has no effect. Please advise.

#3 My son used Dusknoir's Night Spin to damage my active Kingdra. I use a Warp Point to warp his Dusknoir to his bench and I warp a Kingdra for a Kindgra. My son makes the same case at the two above (he is consistent:wink:) He states the Warp does not cancel the effects of the Night Spin, so the new Kingdra's attack has no effect. Please advise.

Thanks for your help!:smile:

1. Nope, he's right. The attack references Dusknoir, so that is where the effect resides. It would have to have said "the Defending Pokemon" to have meant your original Kingdra.

2. Same as #1.

3. This would now work.
Since Dusknoir went to the bench, the effect went away.

Kids! :wink:

Back