Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Dusknoir's Power and decking out

Randy8124

This situation happened in a game I was playing recently. It was my turn and I drew my last card out of my deck. I had an active Dusknoir (SF#1) with 2 energy with 6 damage counters on him. In order to knock out one of my opponents pokemon, by using Dusknoir's Damage Even attack and take my last prize, I would have to use Dusknoir's Poke-power, Shadow Command, which says "...you may DRAW 2 cards...," but I have no cards left in my deck. My questions are:

1. Am I allowed to use Dusknoir's Poke-power if I have no cards in my deck to draw from?
2. Would using Dusknoir's Poke-power mean that I loose by being decked out, since I have no cards left to DRAW or can you only loose by being decked out at the beginning of your turn, not by Poke-powers?

Thanks so much for your help and keep up the great work!

1. You cannot use Shadow Command if you have no cards left in your deck. You can use Shadow Command if you have 1 card left in your deck.

2. Per the "How Do You Win?" section of the rulebook, "Your opponent is out of cards in his or her deck, when he or she goes to draw a card at the beginning of the turn." You won't lose until the beginning of your next turn.

Back