Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HGSS-on EelBox with Dark Explorers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlayerPT+

So I need some input on this:

2 Thundurus EP
4-3 Elektrik (2 Tynamos 30 HP;2 Tynamos 40 HP)
2 Zekrom
2 Mewtwo EX
1 Tornadus EX
2 Raikou EX
1 Smeargle

Total:16

4 Dual Ball
4 Junk Arm
3 Pokémon Catcher
1 Random Receiver
4 Prof. Juniper
4 Prof. Oak
3 N
2 Eviolite
1 Switch
1 Pluspower
2 Level ball
2 Skyarrow Bridge

Total:32

8 Electric
4 DCE

Total: 12

Startegy is well known to everyone. Dump energies into discard and power up big attackers like Zekrom, Mewtwo and such to hit hard on your opponent. Tornadus EX is for fighting weakness and Raikou EX for it's incredible snipe.

Any suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks, SlayerPT+

Last edited:
Due to the amount of draw power i run i don't think i need more receiver/level ball since i get eels pretty easily and don't get that bad of starts. I like 2 Thundurus to get more foten that T1 Charge. Want more opinions =)

Scrafty: the terrakion idea doesn't work, it makes the deck to inconsistent, and dropping 4 dce, not a good decision

I would add in at least one skyarrow by dropping a switch. Also, I run a similar list but with 2 skyarrow, and two smeargle because starting with smeargle is too good. I have been testing with/against a bunch of Dark Explorers decks and found that mewtwo does get inalilated by darkrai ex and that raikiou wins many games. Personally i would run 1 mewtwo and 2 raikou. I know at the time that doesnt sound like a good idea, but I feel that Mewtwo will only get worse.
I hope my advice helped and by the way, good list.

Scrafty: the terrakion idea doesn't work, it makes the deck to inconsistent, and dropping 4 dce, not a good decision

I would add in at least one skyarrow by dropping a switch. Also, I run a similar list but with 2 skyarrow, and two smeargle because starting with smeargle is too good. I have been testing with/against a bunch of Dark Explorers decks and found that mewtwo does get inalilated by darkrai ex and that raikiou wins many games. Personally i would run 1 mewtwo and 2 raikou. I know at the time that doesnt sound like a good idea, but I feel that Mewtwo will only get worse.
I hope my advice helped and by the way, good list.

Terrakion makes the dark matchup easier.
I prefer to run Terrakion over DCE, but that is my opinion.

Yeah I agree that mewtwo probably won't be as powerful in this set, still a beast but just not AS huge, raikou will be better to have a 2 count of. That being said, I would run 1 mewtwo and 2 raikou, thus increasing your need for skyarrow bridge.

-1 switch
-1 N
+2 skyarrow

Also maybe use the new tynamos that do 10 and snipe 10 so you can ohko opposing zekroms and terrakions with bolt strike and an eviolite will leave you only having to dig out 1 pp for a ko assuming the 10 snipe damage is there
Posted with Mobile style...

Maybe switch level ball out for ultra ball. Would give more options to grab stuff plus help dump energies

I'm not dropping dce by any means. Tested terrakion before this list and makes the deck inconsistent although it improves the matchuo agaisn dark. I'll test ultra ball for level ball but I think it's the same thing. I'm not dropping draw supporters, I'm sorry. Consistency wins games and I'm tired of losing games for not having draw on the first couple of turns.

So here's the list right now:

2 Thundurus EP
4-3 Elektrik (2 Tynamos 30 HP;2 Tynamos 40 HP)
2 Zekrom
2 Mewtwo EX
1 Tornadus EX
2 Raikou EX
1 Smeargle

Total:16

4 Dual Ball
4 Junk Arm
3 Pokémon Catcher
1 Random Receiver
4 Prof. Juniper
4 Prof. Oak
3 N
2 Eviolite
1 Switch
1 Pluspower
2 Level ball
2 Skyarrow Bridge

Total:32

8 Electric
4 DCE

Total: 12

I still need to test 2 Mewtwos because haven't tested anything against new coming decks. More suggestions are welcome. Made the Raikou to 2 since it's a really great card, by making a combo between catcher opponent eel and snipe the other.

Thanks all, SlayerPT+

I'd take out a raikou ex and put in another smeargle. honestly IMO raikou is one of card in this deck. I think if you run skyarrow and smeargle you have to run 2 smeargle. it helps with supporters.

If you're worried about your fighting matchup, maybe
-1 Thunderus
+1 Scyther DEX

Scyther DEX is amazing. HP is low but it one shots Terrakion w/ a PP

Don't really want to take out the Thundurus since it's nice to have that T2 Charge, but I'll test scyther if fighting gets huge in my area. I'll try double smeargle too.

Me and a few friends started the game not too long ago and we haven't bought collectors yet, why is nobody running them? It's such a good card. Did it get rotated?

Me and a few friends started the game not too long ago and we haven't bought collectors yet, why is nobody running them? It's such a good card. Did it get rotated?

Nope. People are switching over to dual ball since it lets them get out their basics faster.

Dual Ball lets people look for basic pokemon without using their supporter for the turn so after you dual ball and get some basics you can juniper, PONT, etc. to get set up quicker.

The format is getting faster and it is going to get a boost with Dark EXplorers coming out.

I'm running dual ball instead of collector exactly for the speed it offers over collector, since the format is getting faster, all the decks need to speed up aswel.. Looking for more advice =)

Save your money. Collector is too slow for the format, ball engine is where it's at.

I would take out one of the Raikou EX's for a Shaymin UL for Celebration Wind. Tornadus EX is still better than Scyther DE in this deck simply because it has higher HP, it can tank much longer with Eviolite attached, and all Terrakion needs to do is Revenge KO Scyther with Retaliate for 90.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back