Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Eevee Lv. X's

Azure Kite

Okay, so I have been working on the Eeveelutions deck, and theres something I cannot establish. How many of which Lv. X's should I have? Is it 1 of each? 2 of each? 2 of one and 1 of the other? Any help here would be appreciated.

Well, i think that you should play 2 Leafeon Lv.X and 1 Glaceon Lv.X IMO, mostly because Leafeon Lv.X Is mostly all around better, dealing damage with energy, and it's power being energy acceleration. Glaceon is good for Power Lock, and light spreading, so...yeah, that's pretty much my opinion

yeah, PokePockets has the right idea IMO.

Leafeon x seems to be more useful in more situations then Glaceon. I'm not saying dont play Glaceon, like if magmorter is popular in your metagame you'll want to. But I dunno.

I go for Leafeon for the Energy acceleration but if you do run 2 of each you might want to throw in a few more Premire

Well I thought Leafeon was used for its Power mostly. Plus, Glaceon's Body only works when it's active. I was thinking 2 Leafeon myself, just so its easier to get, because the deck relies on its Power partially. I am still failing to see where the mass power will come into play here, since neither Leafeon nor Glaceon Lv. X pack a big punch. I admit Leafeon can be strong, but it seems like that would be the targeted card, since its Power its pretty mean, plus with Magmortar still hanging in the metagame, Leafeon can be easily silenced.

Wow, the Meta in your area must really be hard to play against then. In my area (which is the only reason i am suggesting this) Magmortar is all but gone, with 0 played at the first Autumn BR and 1 at yesterdays BR. Leafeon packs a big punch if you pair it with more NRG Acceleration, or maybe a 1-0-1 Sceptile Line. Leafeon is like the new Blissey except you can set up your other pokemon and still do big damage. Leafeon is Boost/DRE/Scramble Useable, while Boost doesn't help Glaceon, If it uses DRE, it's attack takes a big hit since you are hardly doing damage at all, but Glaceon can use Scramble.

Mass Power? Well, i already explained Leafeon. NOW! Glaceon may not pack a big punch, but with 70 and the possibility of 20 too the bench, and if you are using the right Glaceon (IMO) you can for 2 energy, spread some more damage, or for 3, do 60 and Sleep.

So, like i said earlier, the best Lv.X Combo would be 2 Leafeon, 1 Glaceon

Wow, the Meta in your area must really be hard to play against then. In my area (which is the only reason i am suggesting this) Magmortar is all but gone, with 0 played at the first Autumn BR and 1 at yesterdays BR. Leafeon packs a big punch if you pair it with more NRG Acceleration, or maybe a 1-0-1 Sceptile Line. Leafeon is like the new Blissey except you can set up your other pokemon and still do big damage. Leafeon is Boost/DRE/Scramble Useable, while Boost doesn't help Glaceon, If it uses DRE, it's attack takes a big hit since you are hardly doing damage at all, but Glaceon can use Scramble.

Mass Power? Well, i already explained Leafeon. NOW! Glaceon may not pack a big punch, but with 70 and the possibility of 20 too the bench, and if you are using the right Glaceon (IMO) you can for 2 energy, spread some more damage, or for 3, do 60 and Sleep.

So, like i said earlier, the best Lv.X Combo would be 2 Leafeon, 1 Glaceon

I see your point. Its starting to sink in methinks. So do you think Leafeon can be a good fighter, NOT taking into to consideration the metagame?

I see your point. Its starting to sink in methinks. So do you think Leafeon can be a good fighter, NOT taking into to consideration the metagame?

Seriously, Leafeon is amazing as an attacker. I've had a Leafeon LvX of mine smack down Empoleon and Gallades in ONE SHOT. Also, With Leafeon Bind Down, you Warp up something they can't use, and Bind Down for stalling into more energy, and for a fre KO. Leaf Gaurd is also a sweet finishing move, so no stupid chumps add on extra energy, it causes Gallade to flip an extra prize, takes no damage from Dual Splash, and overall, limits a weakness of the eevees, bad HP. Regardless, I would use a 3-1 of any LvX, as it's more consistant to get the origional, then simply TSD/Night Maintenance/Premier Ball into a second one. If it's prized, no biggie, attack with everything else the deck has to offer until you draw it out.

(Leafeon LvX > Glaceon LvX)

Ignatious has got it right as well, i have one shot things with 130 HP before with Leafeon, actually, i 1 shot a T-Tar at the previous BR Tournament i went too. IF you are worried about the metagame Kite and weakness seems to be a problem, just run 1-2 Umbreon, that fixes everything

Ignatious has got it right as well, i have one shot things with 130 HP before with Leafeon, actually, i 1 shot a T-Tar at the previous BR Tournament i went too. IF you are worried about the metagame Kite and weakness seems to be a problem, just run 1-2 Umbreon, that fixes everything

Okay gotcha, thanks so much for the help.

I used 1 Leafeon Lv. X (3 regular) and 2 Glaceon Lv. X (2 regular) at Nats and it worked out great.
And no, it wasn't because i didn't have the 2nd Leafeon X.

2-2 I would say, the reason of playing 2 Glaceon Lv X is because it can be a very important card if you gonna be able to beat power dependant decks as GG and to shut down all those Claydols.

Back