Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Effects of Attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainbowgym

Something came up here and I don't know if I'm judging this the correct way.

Metagross EX against Machamp with Immunity Body.
If Machamp is benched it can't be pulled to active with the Metal Reversal attack, but it can be moved from it's active position to the bench. Because in the last situation the effect of the attack is done to some benchpokemon (stating that the benched one is another one).

Blaziken EX against that same Machamp.
Blaziken EX attacks with the first attack and Machamp recieves 30 damage, but what to do with the remaining part of that attack. Wil Machamp get 20 Extra on Heads and nothing happening on Tails.
Or is the complete second part an effect of an attack.
I'm in heavy doubt about this because the second part of the attack can also burn a pokemon and this is an effect.
Immunity is not preventing damage and some attacks require flips to figure out damage (like Metagross and many others), but in this case it's an extra "thing" and not the attackdamage.
I treated the complete second part as an effect because of the if-if status, but not sure if that's right.

We'll get an official ruling on this, but so you can have a quick answer; it would be just like Promo Mew's Power. It can't be moved by Gust-like effects either, even if the "main target" is another Pokemon. If the Gust-effect would have to affect Mew as well, it's neutralized.

Here's some Neutral Shield rulings:

Q. If Promo Mew [Lv. 8 with "Neutral Shield" power, aka "Lily Pad Mew"] is the Active Pokemon, can Dark Gengar's "Pull In" attack be used?
A. Dark Gengar's Pull In effect CANNOT be used if promo Mew is the Active Pokemon [ed note: nor can this Promo Mew be 'pulled in' to the active position from the bench], or if the LVL 33 Suicune is the Active Pokemon (and their Pokemon Powers are functioning), or if the Defending Pokemon has an Agility effect on it. Switching a Pokemon up from the Bench with the Active Pokemon is considered "affecting" the Active Pokemon, and in these cases, this is prevented. (Sep 5, 2002 WotC Chat, Q247; Sep 16, 2002 WotC Rules Team Update, Item 1)

Q. If I have a promo Mew [with Neutral Shield] on my bench and my opponent uses Rapid Spin, can I intentionally choose Mew so I don't have to switch Pokemon?
A. Yes. (May 1, 2003 WotC Chat, Q1440)

It could not be moved by Metagross EX's attack.

Blaziken would do:
On heads, it would do 50.
On tails, it would do 30.

Machamp is only affected by damage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back