Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

EFO tournament in Hong Kong. the biggest joke in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

vincent0906

Without talking anything about the CC this year,
the OTC, distributor of Hong Kong, just announced a new tournament series in its web site.

http://www.otchk.com/cate/cardgames/pocketmon/apply.html
Nearly all stuffs inside are in Traditional Chinese so I'm now translate them to you guys,
then youll know how funny the tournament is.

The series is called "Eidolon Forest Open" (EFO), using the set name regard to the Japanese Version sounds reasonable, since the phrase"Legend Maker" is difficult to translate to a good name in Chinese.

The whole EFO is divided into 3 parts,
1. Preliminary, 2. Semi-final and3. Final

1. Preliminary rounds:
Start from 2/25, players can apply for the preliminary round by purchase a Ex-LM booster pack (which US$1 more expensive than other shops!) from the card shop. During the game, open the package pull out all card from the pack and mix with 9 of your own cards. Shuffle this 18 card deck and put it on the table.

Select a card randomly from the deck without looking, and call on a judge!
The judge will come and filp a coin for you and your opponent, turn over the card.
if the judge fliped a HEAD, the player with a higher HP pokemon win
if he/she fliped a TAIL, the player with weakness same as opponent's pokemon type lose.

So in conclude, you luck, you win.
The winner will be given a "Preliminary winning mark", you can join the semi-final if you have 3 of those marks.
I can get a US$1,000 prize have such good luck if I use those money in football gambling, like Brazil be eliminated in Wold Cup T32.

Semi-Final:

A player have to purchase a Ex-LM booster (again, have to pay themselves indeed). pul out the 9 cards in the booster, building a half deck (30 cards) by adding them into 21 of you own cards. But the number of prize card is ONE instead of THREE :eek:

So, that is a combination of Half-deck, Draft, sudden death, and luck .
You gonna winning 3 times (3 boosters gosh) in order to get the qualifier to Final.
Each qualifier can have a Deck Case as a gift.

Final: (4/2 sun)
PLayers have to bring their own 60 card deck, have to verify by the judge before start.
3 rounds of round-robin (not swiss!) (win twice in 30mins), and the top cut will having the last 3 rounds of Swiss (win twice in 45mins).

Prize:
Champion: A Trophy, A badge, 10 "memorial" boosters (80% chance of POP2 i guesstimate)
2nd place: A Badge, 8 "memorial" booster
3rd place: A Badge, 6 "memorial" booster

hoho, no CC's, having this strange tournament, all Hong Kong players, as far as i know, don't want to play that. :mad:

WE WANT A CC!!! NOT SUCH ILLEGAL LUCKY DRAW!

Hong Kong has became the 2nd the Netherlands. That's why I always say that Hong Kong and the Netherlands are brothers, and Kevin and I are friends forever. ;_;

It's such a SHAME for us to have such a LD. It is like 2000 times worse than our last one. I heard that the DualMaster tourneys were also run in the same way, but they had trips to JAPAN.

witw is that supposed to be? You can't even call that a Pokemon Tournament...

Feel very sorry for you guys =(

Edited Abbreviations for words not allowed also are not allowed.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL - Vincent ask if you can be headjudge of the tournament. It will at least gain you some Profpoints.

And don't care about if it should be allowed to sanction according the POP rules.
Honest Int. Professors are removed from the program, while others who are silent about misstandings are still in.
Ask PUI/POP or LD to Follow the rules and you are disruptive, kiss their xxxxxx and you stay in.

Just enjoy this tournament, it's in complete line with Int. OP in some countries.
A big joke.

Singapore removes Holland from the first place regarding devaition in official OP.

Rainbowgym said:
LOL - Vincent ask if you can be headjudge of the tournament. It will at least gain you some Profpoints.

And don't care about if it should be allowed to sanction according the POP rules.
Honest Int. Professors are removed from the program, while others who are silent about misstandings are still in.
Ask PUI/POP or LD to Follow the rules and you are disruptive, kiss their xxxxxx and you stay in.

Just enjoy this tournament, it's in complete line with Int. OP in some countries.
A big joke.

Singapore removes Holland from the first place regarding devaition in official OP.

First of all, I'm now in UK, but the situation in HK getting worse so I must do something to stop OTC, no matter where an i.

Second, I have wrote serveral articles for them to publish in their megazine, more than 4 articles were already published to the public. Originally the PTO promised me to give me some professor points for each article published in this way. but UNTIL now, I still cannot get ANY.

And I thought China and Hong Kong were the fastest growing economy powers in the world...*sniffle*

Ouch! Are their no laws in Hongkong prohibiting something like this?
I dare to say that this is a major ripoff.

WOW...theres only ONE WAY out of that tournament format....CHICK CHICK

you can't be serious. whoever the TO(OTC?) is SHOULD BE FIRED :p

LD's are not fired, POP Intl will not let them fail.
Sorry Company Policy.

Or did PUI finallly wake up, seeing the change in Italy.

That doesn't even make sense. The pokemon TCG is ALREADY A GAME!! Why create a "new game" to play with the cards? That's so bizzare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back