Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Egglock + Scizor

DoomScizor

I love the Idea of using Exeggutor to drop your hand down to 0 and then draw big while your opponent has nothing. But the Fact that you need someone to do your damage leaves me with the question, Who? Originally I tried it with Giratina lv X to make sure if my opponent attacked that they would have NO hand, but that took too long I think, Then I used flygon, but this is the wrong format for Flygon, to much Garchomp C, Then I tried Ursaring prime, I didn't care for it. I think I came up accross someone that can fill the spot of an attack. Scizor Prime, He has tanking ability with Special metals and Expert belt and a killer body that prevents someone with special energies from damage scizor. Also his metal Scissors attack can easily sweep at little energy cost. How does everyone else feel about this? Does that have potential as a good main attacker? Or should I just go back to Ursaring or Flygon?

I actually think that giratina is a cool idea with lost wold coming out, i would try it out a bit more, if you can't get it to work at first, keep trying, i think it can be good.

Dude you and I are so on the same page.

I built Eggs/ Giratina leading up to worlds. Never lost to Luxchomp, but had issues with Claydol.

Then I built it this format, and eventually switched to Scizor.

I'm amazed someone else did exactly the same thing :O

Dude you and I are so on the same page.

I built Eggs/ Giratina leading up to worlds. Never lost to Luxchomp, but had issues with Claydol.

Then I built it this format, and eventually switched to Scizor.

I'm amazed someone else did exactly the same thing :O

Does it work well? I'm thinking its all theorymon but Theoretically scizor prime should absolutely Sweep prizes away after you give your opponent nothing. Am I right?

Yeah, but one topdeck is a problem, and it can't deal with fast stage 2s. It is still viable with the right matchups, though. I'll post the list I was using. Good luck!
P.S. This was before TM.

Redshark 3.80 Deck List
Date: Wed Jan 12 20:05:43 2011

Name: exorscizt
Comments:

TOTAL CARDS: 60

POKEMON: 24
Stage 1: 8
3 : Exeggutor, LA-54
1 : Banette, PL-19
2 : Scizor (Prime), UD-84
2 : Slowking, GS-12
Basic: 16
3 : Exeggcute, LA-93
1 : Uxie, LA-43
1 : Shuppet, PL-92
2 : Scyther, PL-130
1 : Azelf, LA-19
1 : Mesprit, LA-34
2 : Slowpoke, UD-66
1 : Unown Q, MD-49
4 : Spiritomb, AR-32

TRAINERS: 24
Trainers: 7
4 : Night Teleporter, SV-138
2 : Moomoo Milk, GS-94
1 : Luxury Ball, SF-86
Pokemon Tools: 2
2 : Expert Belt, AR-87
Supporters: 15
4 : Bebe's Search, RR-89
1 : Palmer's Contribution, SV-139
4 : Pokemon Collector, GS-97
4 : Looker's Investigation, PL-109
2 : Cyrus's Initiative, SV-137

ENERGY: 12
Special Energy: 10
4 : Call Energy, MD-92
4 : Metal Energy (sp), RR-100
2 : Warp Energy, SF-95
Basic Energy: 2
2 : Metal Energy, GS-122

I like that, I'll probably use something like that, I don't care for the Spiritombs or moo moo milk, I'll just tweak to my liking. But thanks a lot.

It really depends. I tried the turbo T1 lock and found it not to be of my liking, because more often than not I killed my own setup. If you want the Slowking to ensure their topdecks are bad, I highly recommend Tombs, but if you want to lock them T1, you should streamline the deck some and add BTS.

The Moomoos were just something I added to keep Scizor alive longer and are by no means necessary.

What about Houndoom? You can keep discarding the card they draw. Though that would leave you open if you don't establish the lock, since he isn't as capable of an attacker as Scizor.

There are Sp. Darks and Expert Belts. Anyways, would it matter when your opponent has no hand? Then again, it still can't do much when you don't have the lock.

This is an AWESOME thread because it's a perfect example of how an idea is tossed out there and others come in to help. All of the attention is given to helping the DECK IDEA .

Excellent process guys!

I played it with Garchomp C. It was really only for fun, but seems decent. A hand of 1-3 cards usually can't handle a dragon rush.

Perhaps we should have an official R_A seal of approval next to the thread letter image thingy-ma-gig. That way we know which are the good topics and which are the bad. :lol:

My poor humor aside, Garchomp C is a good option. Besides being an all around good choice for a main attacker, you can also utilize the SP engine. Most notably, Power Spray, which can help you stop Uxies when you don't have Mesprit.

Back