ElectiCatty

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Regis_Neo, Jan 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Regis_Neo

Regis_Neo Moderator

A bit of a conceptual idea I've been thinking about over the last few days:

Pokemon: 19
    3 Elekid DP
    4 Electabuzz d
    2 Electivire DP
    2 Electivire SW
    3 Skitty
    3 Delcatty
    2 Smeargle
    1 Raikou

Trainers: 25
    4 Celio’s Network
    3 TV Reporter
    3 Castaway
    3 Roseanne’s Research
    2 Steven’s Advice
    2 Copycat
    2 Strength Charm
    2 Great Ball
    2 Warp Point
    1 Buffer Piece
    1 Night Maintenance

Energy: 15
    10 Lightning Energy
    3 DRE
    2 Scramble

Strategy:
    Basically start with a Smeargle or Elekid lead and start fueling energy into your hand, then use Delcatty's Power to draw more cards. Evolve into the 2 Electivires and use their powers to fuel the DP one's attack.

Just some problems I've experienced so far, the deck takes a bit of time to set up (which in our fast-paced environment isn't good) and if I have to discard for the secondary effect of Electivire DP's Gigavolt (sp?) attack, it obviously takes a turn at least to build him back up to attack.

Any comments/suggestions are appreciated.

2. mca3

mca3 New Member

Great Idea, dude!!! I was thinking of making this deck last night, but with Elactivire SW though. I would run it a 1 Delcatty ex and a 1-1 line of Magneton PK.

3. Typhlosion_21

Typhlosion_21 New Member

Max Elekid...
    Max Roseanne's...
    -1 Delcatty
    +1 Delcatty ex CG

This should run Better......

4. afirule

afirule New Member

ive toyed with a very similar idea except I used all vire SW and no dp (thus no need for stupid elekid!). If you've got him, vire lvl x must be an addition imo.....

chuck the smeargle and raikou and add delcatty ex- such a good option late game!

id use birch over stevens in the current environment, and reconsider your use of castaway with only one tool in the deck!
    its good fun- keep us updated!

5. Skarmbliss

Skarmbliss New Member

Lucario worries me. I would suggest adding in 2 or 3 windstorms to get cessation crystal out of the way. Also, you should put 1 delcatty ex for a late game purpose. Other than that, your deck looks like its in really good shape.

6. Regis_Neo

Regis_Neo Moderator

Hmm, thanks for the comments so far. I'll definately think about the Catty EX, I'd forgotten it's still around. Smeargle I might ditch as well, since it's a bit of a long hope to start with, but what to use as a starter...

How does the SW only version work for you? Just seems a bit flippy to me...Birch, I never liked much, though I can see it being handy if you're against Absol.

Also, there are 3 tools: 2 Strength Charm and 1 Buffer Piece :p

@ Skarmbliss, I agree that Cessation Crystal sucks big time, lol. A few Windstorms would be a good idea.

Anyways, I'll do some more testing later on (college starts again this week :eek:).

7. Alazor

Alazor Active Member

How about playing Electrode (SW)?

8. L00p_H01eS

L00p_H01eS New Member

i played electivire-delcatty in my city yesterday

u need 4 elekid DP- 4 electibuzz DF - 2 electivire DP 1electivire SW 1 vire x MT

4 skitty 3 delcatty 2 delcatty ex

2 SABLEYE!!!! this is much needed for G&G .. it saves u by a turn

9. Regis_Neo

Regis_Neo Moderator

Is 4 Elekid really necessary? Only 2 really have to evolve into Electivire DP to use its Power, and while using Electabuzz d Power is nice, it just doesn't seem to be as necessary imo. Also, is it really necessary to go max Skitty and 3-2 Delcatty/EX? Seems like a bit of an overkill...

Sableye is a good idea though for those annoying Blissey decks.

10. Regis_Neo

Regis_Neo Moderator

Anyone else with some ideas/suggestions?

11. L00p_H01eS

L00p_H01eS New Member

well i see what u r saying but if u run 2 elekid its not as consistant.. i ran 4mentor a 1 rossane...

i thought 4-3-2 was an overkill too however i have this thing for prizing delcattys so i ran max..

i finished 2nd and i beat 2 G&G

you also have to know that this deck does not have a great starter!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.