Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Electivire DP or Electivire SW ?

In the short run DP > SW. He's a better & more consistant attacker.

In the long run I'm thinking that the SW one will see more play in different decks.

I wonder how a deck with Vire SW + Lanturn PK + Magneton PK would do? Keep Recyling the 'Tons ... and nearly all your energy would stay in play for consistantly high damage once you got going. This is only one combo too ... I'm thinking that we will see more over time.

Actually they work very well together
I would use them both together

Electivire SW get back energies (and can do so on the bench)
Electivire DP can move energies to itself if need be.

They work nicely together. SW does not need to be evolved from elikid either, but has less HP and a mediocore attack.

If one must ask...

I'd go 1 DP, 2 SW, and 1 MT (Electivire LV.X), and have the LV.X sitting ontop of the DP Electivire.

See AbsolTrainer's explanation of why (basically, do a 120 Giga Impact each turn, with need of only one Lightning Energy in Hand, which can be retrieved via a Pikachu).

It IS important to keep in mind that DP is far more useful then the SW Electivire on it's own (being able to deal damage is... Well, important.) But since Electivire decks have the ability to draw cards for a while using the Electabuzz d Power of Evolution, having the right one in hand shouldn't be an issue.

These two combo really well but still, you need to add in colorless or fighting energies so you only discard 3 energies instead of 4.

only if your winning :p
otherwise it would be discarded when winning

so yeh. Solotivire would be a nice name since its Vire going solo with a small stage-1 pokemon, mostly notable Chingling/Chimecho whhich can be sarcified to setup while u get 4 vires out since i believe there would be quick evolvng Buzzs :p

I think the right call is to use them together and ignore the lvl x. 2 of each should work fairly well, especially with Night Maintence/TSD there to help get the DP line back into your deck when he get's KO'd. Raichu (MT) works well with both of them with Pikachu pulling the lighting out to your hand and 'vire (SW) pulling them out and attatching them. This will help fuel "vire (DP) for 120 point hits consistantly (possibly even every turn in an ideal situation).

I still don't get why everyone bashes Electivire Lv X. Sure, he takes up 1 slot in the otherwise usual 4-4 line (making it rather 4-3/1), but he still has an awesome Poke-Body if he's Active and his attack is great for ridding your opponent of Stadiums and/or Tools. And if you don't like the attack, he still has whatever attacks the Electivire under him uses as well. About the only downside to Electivire Lv X that I can see is the more damaging Weakness.

Electivire Lv.X have some major drawbacks so yeh.
2SW and 2DP is the way to go with a great starter and of course, Delcatty to the boot?q

Back