Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Electivire LvX The metagame King???

V1c10u5

Electivire Lv X is one of those cards that seems decent at best. And usually it would be, but in the current Meta, it could possibly do some damage.
The first thing I would like to point out is the kingdra matchup.
Weakness. I think that's enough said.
I would also like to point out the matchup against almost any G deck.
Energy Gain - i do fifty and i'm invincible for the turn.
Or against Toxi-tank it rox also. Destroy your stadiums and your gains, preventing all hopes of attacking for high numbers.

Just a thought. Please post any comments or criticism.

Vire X is underrated, but that is mostly due to it's Fighting Weakness and 'sucky' base versions. I'd love to get Vire working but in this format, it has lots of bad match ups.

Also, 1 Warp Point, Restructure or 2 Poke Blower+ and the effect is gone.

That is true, but then they would be attacking a less important pokemon than elctivire.
Yah matchups suck.
I've tried to cover that using things like leafeon, but I have yet to make a good electivire decklist.
oh well. hopefully it will get better later on....

If Sunnyshore City Gym was out, things would be a lot different. But it's not and Vire's reign will keep being an faint dream.

Motordrive Electivire is an amazing tech to run in a Lightning deck so it makes sense to add one more card and turn it into secondary attacker with a surprise effect like KOing that pesky Dusknior Lv.X stadium or the energy gain on the Galatic decks.

I've done some testing with it and toxicroak matchup is actually not that good. I mean unless you get 2 vires set up you clan't discard the energy gain from croak and they would hit you a couple of times and then kill you with the stadium. Theuy will also save warp points to get rid of the invincibilty.

There are no good Electivires out. The Lv X would be amazing if not for the fact that all the Electivires out are pretty awful. I mean discarding all energy for a flippy 50 is not that good, and hard to get back, and the other E-vire is just plain bad.

120 damage bad? No, I beg to differ. Thing is, it needs lots of Energy making it sluggish and lot's of tech to get the Energy back on him.

I think the best way to take advantage of Electivire Lv X is by only using it for Pulse Barrier... Meaning, you're main attacker isn't Electivire at all, but you're using them for support. Then in a situation where Pulse Barrier would score you a free turn, you just pull back your main attacker, promote a benched Vire and then attack. It doesn't even need any initial energy, just Motor Drive and attach for turn.

Now we just need to find something to run it with :/

The majority of this thread reminds me of the discussion on DrapionX. There really isn't a good Electivire (Drapion) to run it with.

^ Well, like I said, if you use Electivire SW solely for backup, you'll only ever attack with Pulse Barrier when the situation arises. Electivire SW is virtually never used outside of support. Like, an idea I was working with that's a good example of this is something along the lines of Exeggutor LA, Bannette PL, and Electivire SW. Discard your hand which should have some Lightnings in it for Motor Drive and then Psychic Strategy to mess up your opponent's hand... Then go MetaNite mode with between Super Eggsplosion and Motor Drive lol. Anyways, maybe not the most amazing deck, but you see Electivire never actually attacks. Now say you go up against a G deck, there's a ton of tools in play, so you just retreat your Eggs, promote Electivire Lv X, and get in a free Pulse Barrier.

Magnezone? You get tutor for pokemon, energy recovery (if electivire wasn't enough), energy manipulation, and some very strong attacks, all of which could benefit from Motor Drive. Cyber Shock each turn, with 140 hp and psychic resistance, seems all right to me.

120 damage bad? No, I beg to differ. Thing is, it needs lots of Energy making it sluggish and lot's of tech to get the Energy back on him.
Exactly, and hey, how about Electivire SW? Yeah, the energy acceleration is built directly into the same evolution line. I had this epitome last season right about a month before States, put a deck together almost exactly over my Magmortar list with Electivires substituted in for Magmortars and Typhlosions, and voila! Except not quite. I did a lot more testing and made some key changes to get it fixed up to handle GG and Magmortar matchups, and ended up getting T8 at States. Thing is, my list ran Delcatty PK. Crystal Beach was also a major part of its advantage over the metagame, and I didn't run Electivire Lv.X. I have been thinking about retooling it to see if it could work for this season, perhaps with Claydol over Delcatty, but it probably wouldn't be quite as amazing as it was, and taking out an Electivire for a Lv.X would hurt a lot of its ability to bounce back after losing any one of the Electivires in play. But if I could make it work, it would seriously be pretty killer.

^Epiphany, not Epitome

And I agree that while the two Electivires do work together fairly well, they aren't very good in their own right and that makes it so that taking out one from your deck for a LV. X makes it hard to come back from a KO. And you'll be seeing a lot of those since both Champ and Rampardos OHKO a Vire(X) pretty easily.

Pick the correct card to go with Electivire and he is devastating.

Otherwise he's trash, but people need to take a look at him a little bit more...

Back