Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Electric Deck fot This Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

im9today

What's up Pokegym? It's been a while since I have posted here, and played the Pokemon TCG. I have only been to a few select sanctioned events and I am trying to squeeze my way back into the scene but with so many new sets out and over the horizon I may be a little rusty.

So, in my spare time between work and trying out MMO's, I have smashed together this deck. It is not a showcase, I am looking for advice.

:::pOKEMON::: (25)
x3 Electrike(MT-81)
x3 Manectric(PT-11)
x3 Eevee(RR-59)
x3 Jolteon(RR-26)
x3 Raichu GL(RR-31)
x2 Luxray GL(RR-9)
x2 Luxray GL LV.X(RR-109)
x2 Fan Rotom(RR-RT1)
x2 Baltoy(GE-60)
x2 Claydol(GE-15)

:::TRAINERS::: (22)
x3 Roseanne's Research
x4 Sunyshore City Gym
x2 Felicity's Drawing
x1 Luxury Ball
x3 Professor Oaks Visit
x3 Bebe' Search
x4 Warp Point

:::ENERGY::: (13)
x4 Call Energy
x9 Lightning Energy

I have chosen my Pokes very carefully. Each one is electric, only takes 2 energy to us effectively, and have 0 retreat cost, making this a very fast deck (this all excludes Fan Rotom, who will be explained later).

Jolteon and Raichu GL and Luxray GL LV.X are the big hitters here. They are all very swift attackers, and Jolteon can spread, which allows Raichu GL to reach his maximum potential damage. Jolteon is also a very fast early game sweeper, dealing 50 and 10 to benched on T2. Raichu GL is a basic, and only requires 2 energy to function, making him a quick set up to begin sweeping in tight spots, and if he comes in after a Jolteon spread, he can do some nice damage (40-80) for only 2 energy.

Luxray GL LV.X is my disrupter. He comes in, "Gust of Wind"s the opponent and finished off that Pokemon you just switched them into. Probably. also has free retreat cost and functions only on 2 energy. The drawback to his attack is that you have to do 30 damage to a benched Pokemon of yours, which is kinda crappy and I wouldn't really use him under normal circumstances, but this is were Manectric steps in. He prevents damage to your bench, except to himself, which means that 30 damage equals 0 damage.

Now on to Fan Rotom and Manectric. I have been reading up on what is going to be the big deck this season and it looks like it's going to be Flygon LV.X. First up is Fan Rotom which serves 2 purposes, fodder for Felicity's if I'm not facing Flygon LV.X, or for destroying Flygon LV.X. For 3 energy Fan Rotom can deal 120 damage to Flygon LV.X, who has 140 HP. That's awfully close to a 1HKO, but I'm sure with Jolteon and Raichu GL, Flygon will be taking some damage beforehand.

Manectric serves a myriad of purposes. First of all, he prevents damage from Luxray GL LV.X's attack, prevents Luxray GL LV.X from being hit by Flygon LV.X LV.X, helps set up with Attract Current, and does some deadly spread to decks with Pokemon that have Pokepowers (this is less of a plus considering I'm playing Claydol). On top of that, he also has a free retreat and functions on only 2 energy.

Trainers and energy are self explanatory, BUT I would love it if someone gave me tips on them. I kind of threw those together last minute and I would like them to have some fine-tuning. Oh yeah, warp points are for disruption. Considering all my Pokes have free retreat costs, it wont hurt me too much.

Also don't be afraid to tell me if this deck wont work/is a retarded idea. I don't want to waste my time on it if it is.

Thank you. :))

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back