Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Electric Monkey Deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt800

I havent actually tested this deck but I think the concept is promising. Any suggestions or input would be appreciated.

--Strategy and card choice are listed below--

Pokemon: 17

4 Chimchar
3 Monferno
4 Infernape

3 Voltorb
3 Electrode

Trainers: 30

3 TGW
3 TGM
1 Castaway
1 Roseanne's Research

4 Cessation Crystal
3 Crystal Beach

2 Rare Candy
2 Pokedex
2 Pokenav
3 Dusk Ball
2 Warp Point
3 Energy Removal2
1 Night Maintenance

Energy: 13
9 Fire
4 Lightning

STRATEGY:
The basic idea for this deck is to limit the opponent with cessation crystal, crystal beach, and inhibiting supporters/trainers. Having pokemon that dont require much energy and a lot of trainers goes well with this, as they can be played quickly and get early KOs to make it even harder for the opponent to setup.

CARDS:
Infernape-- Low energy attacks with a fair amount of damage. Also free retreat comes in handy. This allows for it to be played quickly and KO some of the opponents pokemon before they are set up. Infernape also evolves from decent pokemon. Monferno can compliment infernape by picking up discarded fire energy and also has free retreat.

Electrode-- I wanted something that could be used as a supplementary attacker that would be quick and powerful. By suicide bombing one of the opponents key pokemon, this could slow them down as well as allow infernape to live longer. Also, by probably not having a cessation crystal attached, it can then be used as an extra energy for another pokemon. It has free retreat, so incase voltorb starts, it can probably retreat second turn for a different pokemon.

TGW/TGM-- Basic hand distruction for the opponent, while replenishing my hand. by not having many other supporters, I can ideally use one each turn.

Pokedex / Pokenav /Duskball-- These three cards can be used together to search for pokemon, energy or other trainers. By not having many types of pokemon and a lot of each type, i dont need many specific card finders.

Warp Point/ Energy removal2-- These two cards help for defence by slowing the opponent and removing dangers.

MAIN CONCERNS:

The energy ratio might not be right and could cause problems for electrode or infernape.

The only consistently high damage attacks discard energy which might make it hard to keep having effective attacks throughout the game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back