Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Electrode prime and self attaching energy.

Qzin

As it's been told over and over again the answer is always "You knock out the Electrode AFTER attaching energy and promote new active pokemon after finishing the power."

I understand it. I totally do. Because Poke-Powers effects are counted as a whole.

But then again it sais Electrode gets Knocked Out at the begining of the Pokemon Power.

It's a quote from newest rule book BW-on.
"If a player’s
Pokémon is Knocked Out, that player puts it and all cards attached to it in the discard
pile. That player’s opponent takes 1 of his or her own Prize cards and puts it into his
or her hand."

So here's my version of what should happen when Electrode uses the Pokemon-Power:

1. It get's knocked out and goes to discard pile with all energies attached.
2. You look at 7 cards from top of your deck attach all energies in any way you like (EXCEPT for to Electrode prime cuz it's already discarded)
3. You promote new active pokemon after power is over.

Am I right now? Because some players think they can attach those energies to Electrode Prime except of that it's already Knocked Out. Not active with 1000 damage counters on it, waiting for pokemon-power to resolve to apply Knocking Out but ALREADY Knocked Out.

I have POP Professor title and this one is totally bugging me becuase I can't find any reason why should we be able to attach those energies to Electrode prime, yet the question appeared.

Your #2 is not quite correct.
It is not "attach all energies".
It is "Choose as many energy cards as you like...".

So, you do realize that if there are energy cards that the player wants to put in the discard pile, all they have to do is not choose them and just discard them with the rest of the non-energy cards.

Back