Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

BW-on Emboar: A New Flame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh_the_great

Hey guys, in the hospital with nothing to do. Decided to remake the deck.
Hope you guys like it and can help make it better.

EMBOAR/MEWTWO EX
Pokemon:12
3-0-3 Emboar
2 Mewtwo EX
1 Keldeo EX
1 Reshiram EX
1 Reshiram
1 Bouffalant

TSS:36
4 SSU
4 Rare Candy
3 Energy Retrieval
3 Pokemon Catcher
3 Eviolite
2 Ultra Ball
1 Superior Energy Retrieval
1 Float Stone
1 Energy Search
1 Dowsing Machine ACE SPEC

4 Skyla
4 Juniper
4 N
1 Cilan

Energy:12
10 Fire
2 DCE

The strategy is simple. Get out Emboar and spread fires to you attackers and start start snatching prizes. I was thinking of taking out the SSU or Switches for Float stones but idk. Thanks guys

Last edited:
Do you have any problems with consistency? Like do ever find yourself lacking Energy despite your precautions? Things like that?

Do you have any problems with consistency? Like do ever find yourself lacking Energy despite your precautions? Things like that?

It depends on the match up. But most of the time no.
I mostly load up on mewtwo EX who doesn't discard energy.
And if he is almost dying or got lasered I just SSU them to my hand.

---------- Post added 05/03/2013 at 11:08 AM ----------

I kinda like that build. I'm running a reshiboar thing myself right now, might give that a whirl.

You should dude! It's pretty sick!

It is a tool, much like Eviolite or Rocky Helmet, that reduces the retreat cost to zero for the pokemon it is attached to. I'm currenty thinking wether or not to run it in my upcoming Lugia/Deoxys/Thunderus deck...

Seems pretty cool. The only problem is finding room
For it :/ I'd wanna run atleast 2 of those. I couldn't do a 1 of ya no?

---------- Post added 05/06/2013 at 05:33 PM ----------

After testing I'm thinking f dropping then Regular Reshiram for a 3rd Mewtwo EX. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Honestly, I would suggest no to your idea of taking out the regular Reshiram for a Mewtwo EX, because there may be that time when you face a plasmaklang deck and that Reshiram will be necessary.

Alright that makes sense. Never though of the KlingKlang match up. If I were to drop it would you suggest a Reshiram EX or keep it regular?

Some thoughts/suggestions for your consideration:

-4 Super Scoop Up,
+4 Max Potion. SSUs have a 50-50 chance of getting tails while MPs have a 100% chance of removing all damage from designated Poké.

-3 Energy Retrieval,
+3 Superior Energy Retrieval.
After applying a Max Potion to your wounded Poké, you can now recover 4 basic energy (for the small cost of discarding 2 cards from your hand).

Have you playtested yet against Blastoise-BK and Plasma decks? Results/thoughts?

Some thoughts/suggestions for your consideration:

-4 Super Scoop Up,
+4 Max Potion. SSUs have a 50-50 chance of getting tails while MPs have a 100% chance of removing all damage from designated Poké.

-3 Energy Retrieval,
+3 Superior Energy Retrieval.
After applying a Max Potion to your wounded Poké, you can now recover 4 basic energy (for the small cost of discarding 2 cards from your hand).

Have you playtested yet against Blastoise-BK and Plasma decks? Results/thoughts?

Kinda sketchy on the removal of the SSU and retrievals but I can deff try that out. And I have played vs blastoise and surprisingly I have pretty good results. Well, better than I expected anyway. And I haven't played vs anything plasma related yet(if plasmaklang counts then yes). I think I can go 2-2 on the retrievals to see what's up. Possibly the same for the SSU and max potions. Thanks for you input man! It's much appreciated!

Also, keep in mind that in your upcoming battles with Blastoise-BKEX decks, the games can easily be over in less than 8 turns, because the B-BKEX deck player will just target your EXs for KOs. Your Mewtwo EX could possibly KO a BKEX, but it requires more energy than BKEX; so, a response KO is more difficult to consistently execute.

So, you might want to consider running Rayquaza EX as an alternative to your Fire Poke (which can not 1HKO a BKEX). Ray EX gives you a more effective counter to BKEX.

Last edited:
Not a fan of Rayboar honestly. Something about it really bugs me. I'm in the process of getting some float stones to toss in here along with superior energy retrievals. I like the SSU so I'm thinking of dropping one for a max potion since I'm gonna run one Superior Energy Retrieval. I just don't know how to fit the float stone :/

I've played against rayeels a few times and won, but I wouldn't know if that was just bad drawing on my opponents part :p and I beat my friends not yet complete keldeo-blastoise thing.

I've played against rayeels a few times and won, but I wouldn't know if that was just bad drawing on my opponents part :p and I beat my friends not yet complete keldeo-blastoise thing.

Yeah I used to play rayeels when it first dropped. But I noticed blastoise Keldeo rippin it up and it does pretty much what Emboar does. So I thought why not? Surprisingly it does pretty good. The mewtwos do work man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back