Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Emerging Powers Prereleases in VA

totoro

Emerging Powers Details:
•Like last time, no TDC (sorry)
•All packs will contain online codes for TCG Online boosters :thumb:
•Entry Fee $25.00 includes VA sales tax

Aug 20 Fairfax, Hobby Works
Online Preregistration-Players should visit the Virginia Pokémon Website and fill out the online registration and guarantee a spot. Preregistration opens Jul 30.
Address: 9650 Main St, Fairfax, 22031
Preregistered players should arrive for flight 1 at 11:00
Preregistered players should arrive for flight 2 at 3:15
These events are BIG, so please preregister to avoid disppointment!! Due to time constraints at this venue, there will be no lunch breaks!

Aug 21 Warsaw, Anna's Pizza (New Prerelease venue-Rogue Archetype's League hosts a PR!!)
Preregistration not required.
Registration starts at 11
Address: 53 Gordon Lane, Warsaw, 22572

Aug 27 Richmond, Collector's Heaven (NEW prerelease venue--on Northside near I-95--good news for Fredericksburg and NoVA players)
Preregistration suggested but not required. Call the store at (804) 673-1127
Address: 6112 Lakeside Ave., Richmond, 23228

Aug 28 Warrenton, Hobbies Etc.
Preregistration not required
Address: 251 W. Lee Highway, Suite 699 , Warrenton, 20186
Registration time: 11 AM—11:30 AM

(also see Jeff's thread about his event in Roanoke on the 28th)

Last edited:
Look at what the reload button does!

YaY! The first small town in VA will get a premier event!

H I S T O R I C A L!

Quick run-down since some of you have been asking:

Aug 27 Richmond (NEW prerelease venue--on Northside near I-95--good news for Fredericksburg and NoVA players)

I'll get details up in a few days.

I smell a *sanctioned* booster draft!

Ah, a pre-release event that's less than an hour away. That is strategic planning at it's best.
But then I still meed to go to one that's over 2 hours away. I really wish the train went to more places.

Last edited:
Look at what the reload button does!

YaY! The first small town in VA will get a premier event!

H I S T O R I C A L!

Well, Jeff ran a BR out west in Fincastle, so I don't know if you can claim "first" or not.... :wink:

Last edited:
Well, Jeff ran a BR out west in Fincastle, so I don't know if you can claim "first" or not.... :wink:

Roanoke is the RICHMOND of SouthWest VA. No comparison there man.

You know all of those small places that you drive through between Fredericksburg and Warrenton before you finally get to Warrenton? That's more like our speed .. LOL!

Is there really not a prerelease in VA Beach? or has it not been scheduled yet?

I really need to run my 4 prereleases where I can expose the maximum number of players to the new cards. Unfortunately, the previous 2 prerelease events in Tidewater did indicate that the area's interest in prerelease events was waning. I will be continue to maintain close contact with the league leaders in the area. If the area's interest in prereleases increases, I will do my utmost to return soon, as I recognize the importance of continuing Premier-level events in Tidewater!!! (I certainly DO plan to run BRs and CCs there as I have in the past)

Tidewater players may always contact me at [email protected] with any questions.

Just a word of advice to the Tidewater peeps:

I wasn't telling you time and again to mow a lawn, clean some houses, rob your parents or various other things, because I got free swag out of it. You guys were told by me a couple times this would happen and no one really seemed to believe me, so this is where a lesser guy would say I told you so! Other areas heed it as a lesson. It's my understanding totoro relocated the PR from his home league as well so know he means business.

Last edited:
@R_A that's reaching by any standards on the rob your parents comment. I like hyperbole ^______________^

Aug 21 Warsaw, Anna's Pizza (New Prerelease venue-Rogue Archetype's League hosts a PR!!)
Preregistration not required.
Address: 53 Gordon Lane, Warsaw, 22572

The big day is coming!

See y'all there. :)

oh, yes indeed!!! The goodies arrived Monday, just in time for my return from SD. I can tell you that the prereleases @ Worlds were seriously fun, so I hope that lots of you can make these events here in VA!!

Back