Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Empoleon Revisited--Majestic Dawn Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Forum Members,

Two of the attendees at our NJ Majestic Dawn prerelease gave me excellent advice on my Empoleon deck (thanks to superb Pokemon players, Patrick and Darrel!). They feel by adding Phiones and Call Energy, that I will make my deck much faster and hence more competitive. As always, I also seek advice from the forum members with the following questions:

1. Is Suicune worth it?
2. Is the deck competitive without any of the common water deck "techs" (especially Omastar or Swampert)?
3. How is the trainer engine?
4. Is this the best combination of Empoleon's and once again, would there be any value to substituting an Empoleon Level X for one of the Empoleons?

Thanks as always for the advice! Here is the Majestic Dawn version of Empoleon revisited:

Pokemon: 20

4 Piplup
3 Prinplup
3 Empoleon (MD)
1 Empoleon (DP)
2 Baltoy
2 Claydol
3 Phione
1 Tauros (CG)
1 Suicune

Trainers: 22

4 Bebes
3 Roseanne’s Research
4 Rare Candies
2 Warp Point
1 Night Maintenance
2 Castaway
2 Strength Charm
4 TGW

Energy: 18

9 Water
3 Scramble
3 DRE
3 Call Energy

jconti2818

Omastar is nuts with Empoleon. 2 of the biggest decks in the format--GG/Plox and anything running Eevees--have basics with 60 HP. 2 Dual Splashes with Primal Swirl = double KO against them.

I prefer Lv. X over DP Empoleon because it gives you the option to snipe for 80 and control their hand.

Make sure you're using Pecha Berry Piplup. You can t2 snipe 50 HP pokes that way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back