3 N
2 PokeGear
2 Pokemon Catcher
1 Switch
1 Super Rod
1 Lost Remover
1 Max Potion
1 Pluspower

Strategy: Use your array of starter Pokemon to get your Empoleon up and running as fast as you can.

(Note: I can't use Terrakion in here due to the lack of them) :lol:

EDIT 1: - 2 Minun, -1 Plusle ... + 2 Smeargle + 1 Pluspower

Last edited:
I'd go for some Communications if I was you... without them you might have some problems to draw into your Empoleons. In addition due to having to swarm the Empos I'd rather try to play 2 Prinplup, again for consistency.
That are the most important changes I think...

I have used Minun a couple times for its CFF, but, have yet to use Plusle. I'll try Smeargle/Pluspower/Cleffa in some capacity. What about just adding in 2 more Virizion and a pluspower?

What should I take out for a couple of Communications?
I haven't really had any trouble with the 1 Prinplup situation... a lot of the lists I have seen run 0 Prinplup... the reason being it will just be catcher'd and ko'd regardless if it is a Piplup or Prinplup.

Last edited:
Pluspowers are your best friend against Zekeel. Without it, you leave Zekrom on the field with 10 hp left and a monster hitting 140 for a DCE.

If Cleffa and Smeargle aren't your fancy, try Pichu instead to fill up your bench. I'm not a big fan of Virizion, it's HP isn't the best and it's only netting you 2 extra cards a turn. You don't even run any grass energy so it's even more dead weight since it can't knock out Tynamos and Cleffas. I would also consider uping the Donphan line to 3-3, but that's just a matter of how much Zekrom is in your area. Also, drop 1 Empoleon since you're almost always going to lose a Piplup to catcher.

Yay someone posted so I can post a new list :p

I completely overhauled the Pokemon and the list now looks like this:

4 Piplup
1 Prinplup
4 Empoleon
2 Yanma
2 Yanmega (Prime)
4 Mantine

11 Water

4 Rare Candy
4 Junk Arm
3 Rocky Helmet
3 Pokemon Collector
3 Cheren
3 PONT
3 N
2 PokeGear
2 Pokemon Catcher
1 Switch
1 Super Rod
1 Lost Remover
1 Max Potion
1 Pluspower

I know I fold to lightning, but, I am willing to except that since my meta is CMT/soon to be Darkrai Toolbox decks.

It is doing quite well in testing so far... getting set up and pulling out tough games in the clutch. I gotta say... Max Potion is a beast.

EDIT: The last few games I have been getting screwed with energy... not sure why since I didn't change the count. Should I up it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back