Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Energy Gain

inverse

Energy Gain says "When the card this Pokemon is attached to is no longer a Pokemon SP, discard this card."

Is this something that can actually happen currently, or is this for future expansion?

Now, a Tool or something like Unown G that can turn any Pokemon into an SP... that would be game-changing.

actually linoone from ge can move tools around on your opponents side for no energy. i considered it but being a stage 1 with 80 hp its not worth it

I wonder what the ruling would be if you flipped heads on Pokemon Contest Hall and searched for a non-SP basic and attached an Energy Gain?

But it's an attack.
Attacks won't move an Unown G.

Unown G isn't a Technical Machine anyway, the attack wouldn't have an effect on it since Unown G becomes a Pokemon Tool.

Also, Pop, this begs the question:

If Unown G doesn't prevent effects of your OWN attacks, if one of your attacks moves your Pokemon Tools around, wouldn't you be allowed to move an Unown G?

There has been a card named Swoop! Teleporter in the past. If they print a card with as similar effect, this clause will be important.

Now, a Tool or something like Unown G that can turn any Pokemon into an SP... that would be game-changing.
Won't happen. Pokéturn-able Mesprits would be the end of Pokémon.

If Unown G doesn't prevent effects of your OWN attacks, if one of your attacks moves your Pokemon Tools around, wouldn't you be allowed to move an Unown G?
Yes you would.

You would be able to move it. Its the same as if you played Mismaguis from stormfront and you used its first attack. You could discard your own unown g. (why you would do that i don't know but you could). Unown g remeber doesn't guard from the person playing it

There has been a card named Swoop! Teleporter in the past. If they print a card with as similar effect, this clause will be important.

I assume you mean from the Team Rocket returns set. What does this card have to do with anything we are discussing. The wording on energy gain is simple. if at any time its attached to a NON SP POKEMON its discarded. Doesn't matter how it got there its gone. No card as yet can stop it from discarding itself from this clause. Period

I assume you mean from the Team Rocket returns set. What does this card have to do with anything we are discussing. The wording on energy gain is simple. if at any time its attached to a NON SP POKEMON its discarded. Doesn't matter how it got there its gone. No card as yet can stop it from discarding itself from this clause. Period

Read the card. It's related. It let you switch a Pokemon in the deck with a Pokemon active.

Linoone can actually move Tools around with Switcheroo. This is the only current card that i can think of that does this!

Read the card. It's related. It let you switch a Pokemon in the deck with a Pokemon active.

But only the player who played swoop can change their pokemon. you can't change your opponenets. like i said earlier if it ain't attached to sp its gone. We have already established that there are cards in the current format that can move tools. bringing up an old useless trainers doesn't really help the thread

Back