Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Epic 2 weekends of BR (NC&TN)

RJG00

Ryan Gouge's BR report.

Hey, guys and gals who read this I would like you to know I played AMU. In my opinion the most expensive deck in the game as of now. Now I play the deck a little different then from most people. Most have some kind of Mewtwo counter, mine not so much. Well the reason i dont have Mewtwo/Luxray counters becuse every time I think about the tech's it reminds me of Jimmy Ballards thread "guide to a good red face paint deck" or something like that. Any ways in the thread he says "decks can't tech for every match. Just play your deck to the best of your ability." So here it is my report.

Greensboro NC, 9-21-08
Just letting every one know im not good with one day names so if I forget im sorry.

Round 1 (AMU"me" vs. Magkiss"forgot")
Well this match I was kind of worried about becuse i know he can one shot all my guys if built a magmorter up enough. So I got a good set up and he muligans 3 times. Well he starts with lone magmar I start with Azelf (LA) do some damage. He draws attaches pass. I do crazy stuff attack for 20 more. He draws evo to morter attach removes 20 attacks and pass. Do some crazy shenanigans and supreme blast for game. GG magman.

1-0

Round 2 (AMU"me" vs. Blaz/Typhlo/Houndoom "forgot")
Well I get a terrible start to his RC houndoom 60 T1. I get trying to get set up just sending up stuff to get K.O. By this point he took 3 prizes to my none. I finally get a Roseannes after about 6 turns then do crazy stuff and supreme the last four turns for GG sir.

2-0

Round 3 (AMU"me" vs. Eeveelutions "Michal Adams")
Well I get an ok start to his great start. He gets T3 Leafeon X and gets 1 K.O. He did make a bad misplay and played 2 Espeons which hurt him alot. But i do crazy stuff and get T4 supreme and sweep from there. GG Michal

3-0

Round 4 (AMU"me" vs. GG"Kevin Nance")
This was a match up I wanted to play so bad and i did. So he gets a terrible start and just cannot get basics. I get a ok start but end up winning T3 I think. GG Kevin

4-0

Round 5 (AMU"me" vs. Kingdra"Denece ?")
Well this was a very tough game I dont remeber much. The only thing i remeber was how annoying those dang seahorses were. Any way I have to supreme blast about 4 of them and then I had to zenblade 1 a couple times. Very close game up until this point. Back and forth prize takes. It s now 1-2 im winning i make a terrible misplay and she gets a double K.O. for game. Very GG Denece.

4-1

Pretty sure thats how this game went.
Top4 (AMU"me" vs. Frosslass/Kingdra"Brian Leary")
Game1: I got an ok atrt to his pretty good start. I conceed I a few turns.
Game2: I get a no so good start to his T3 frosslass. I end up make some quick moves and comeing back and win.
Game3: This one was good. We both couldnt get set up for awhile but I got it fater then him he ends up concedeing. GGs Brian.

5-1

Top2 (AMU"me" vs. GG"Kevin Nance")
Game1: this was the hardest game i have played in over 2 years. We both trade prizes like none other he gets Dusknoir out early and that hurt. He wins.
Game2: Again another very hard game this time I take some prizes fast. He comes back with vengence with Gallade. Azelf X gets up and gets me my game winning prize.
Game3: I mulligan like 3-4 times and time is called during shuffle. So sudden death. I go second Azelf (LA) attach attack 30 to ralts. He evos to kirlia plays regirock and attachs to kirlia and warps. So I draw I have Uxie(LA) active from warp. I play bucks warp azelf 50 to kirlia for game. GREAT AMAZING GAMES KEVIN

So finally I get my first POP win.

Sevierville TN, 9-27-08

Same deck as Sunday. Comeing off the win I fell great but am worried about Mewtwo alot today some reason.

Round 1 (AMU"me" vs. LeafTortTile"Justin ?")
I get a ok start to his bad start. He starts with lone baltoy Ihave azelf (LA). I end up K.O. fast on baltoy get turtwig before. I get a supreme blast going T4 for game. GG Justin

1-0

Round 2 (AMU"me" vs. GG/Eggs tech"forgot")
I get a pretty good start to his 2 ralts. I pull some crazy ness of and get T3 and T4 supreme blast for game. GG sir.

2-0

Round 3 (AMU"me" vs. Magnevire"Tom Wise")
Well I get a ok start to his ok start. Well both get set up me faster. But Azelf X was the KEY to this win got me i would say 3 out of 6 prizes. GG Tom.

3-0

Round 4 (AMU"me" vs. Mammoswine"Alex Kent")
This game was so fun. I heard him talking smack about the pixies but I knew he was just playing. I got a quick 2 prizes and he made a little bit of a come back. He tried to et some Armoldo set up but i would just blast them when they were up active. I i did have a big misplay tho which allowd him to get another K.O. But I ended up in victory over the massive war pig.

4-0

Top2 (AMU"me" vs. Magnevire"Tom Wise")
Game1: A pretty long game. I got set up faster then him due to Azelf (MT) he coulnt use his phione which made him behind and couldnt catch up. Azelf X again the KEY.
Game2: He starts off like none other. He gets fast set up for a slow deck. I am playing from behind the whole time but I take it down to 2-1. H just send s up Magnezone and K.O. for game
Game3: I get a quick start to his lone buzz. I attach energy and lock up for 20. He evos to vire and does crazyness but still cant K.O. Azelf. So I have a very long turn like a 5-7 min. turn. do crazyness lock powers do 20 and end. He goes cant hit energy patch plays phione on bench and pass. I lock powers again retreat azelf Lv up retreat bring Uxie up Lv up and zenblade for K.O. He cant get any thing and passes. I retreat bring up mesprit Lv up attach energy energy switch and supreme blast the phione for game. GREAT GAMES TOM.

Another POP win hopeing to get more as the year goes on. Watch out for RG comeing for you. "yea right" But the Bristol guys coming up on you guys fast.:thumb:

Props:
GOD for being so amazing
Mom taking me all the way to NC for BR
Keith and every one in Sevierville for awesomeness
Jeff and all there hard work in Greensboro
Michal Adams for being a great Brother from another mother
Kevin Nance Great player
Tom Wise being awesome (up 2-1)

Slops:
Getting home from NC at 2:30 and goin to school next day
My Bristol Bros couldnt make it to and BR this year

Great job Ryan! Didn't know about your win in Greensboro. The people in NC are awesome. You are risky with no tech, but it seems to work for you.

Good job!

Congrats Ryan. The PCL lab guy that played a pixie deck at Worlds (side games, of course) played w/o a tech for Mewtwo X. When asked by John Silvestro what happens when he faces a MewTwo deck, he said "I lose" in broken english :lol:

Keith

Great job, bro! You REALLY deserve everything you get! GOD blessed you well, and I hope you do well the rest of the season, GOOD LUCK!!!

Hey thanks man you the best red face paint deck builder (pokemon line) i have ever seen you have such great ideas.

thanks buddy nice job with magnevire its very good i think one of the only reasons i stood a chance aginst Tom was just power locking and Azelf X congrats on your win also.

Back