Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Error Lapras?

Crinus

I think I posted about this one time here, perhaps I didnt, I dont recall.

But I got it listed here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230699830153?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

This is a Lapras holofoil from EX Legend Maker.

Most of the Holofoils listed do not display gold holofoil on the name, HP, and its even on the rare star symbol.

I see a couple listed like that that list them as REV HOLO?

Its really no different than this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-Car...685?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6be06acd

with the exception being its dont have the foiled name, HP, and all.

For sets at that time, they didn't do "reverse holo", they did "alternate holo".
That's all this is.

It is the equivalent to a reverse holo. As you can see the card is not a reverse holo. They made an alternate version of every card in the set, made them holo and put the set logo in the artwork. For cards that were holo normally, they made the name in gold lettering.

So the gold foil in the name is alternate way to say its reverse holo?

The reverse foil Rares *Only Rares* had gold naming and HP in some EX sets (Mostly 2004-2006)
It's not an error. All Lapras reverse foils (and any other rares) from Legend Maker have the golden lettering.
I call it reverse foil because it came in the reverse holo slot in a booster.

@ raichuforyou--- It's not just the cards that were normally holo. It's the normal rares too.

Last edited:
The reverse foil Rares *Only Rares* had gold naming and HP in some EX sets (Mostly 2004-2006)
It's not an error. All Lapras reverse foils (and any other rares) from Legend Maker have the golden lettering.
I call it reverse foil because it came in the reverse holo slot in a booster.

@ raichuforyou--- It's not just the cards that were normally holo. It's the normal rares too.

Pokemon calls them "Alternate holo".
I'm trying to get people to use the official term, a name that doesn't confuse new collectors, like the OP has been confused.

It's like how so many people call the Legendary Beasts "dogs" when it is obvious that most, if not all of them, are feline.

I was always wondering why you listed that as an error card, I thought it was something obvious I was missing.

the time I obtained these was the period I was away from Pokemon TCG.

I believe I originally bought packs if I saw them every now and then, didnt really think much of what I had or was.

I could probably swift kick myself in the butt as that was time period I pulled out a Charizard EX from I think the ruby/sapphire set and sold it not long later.

might of been from Fire Red/Leaf Green, didnt it come out before Ruby and Sapphire?

I know it was years ago.

Back