Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Espeon, Espeon, Espeon

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonfire

How much Espeon do you think will be played At US Nationals Seniors/Masters?

Also are there any techs to beat Espeon?

Other topic had good answers. Just sayin.

Espy will be a meta call. The more people post about it, the bigger the hype gets, and the more VvV/Acelegor players should fear playing that deck increases.

I would not play espeon if I was worried about that. Just Unown Cure and a seeker and you are set.

^Seeker's a more complicated choice, since it ruins your Random Receiver at times.

Having played with and against status lock in so many games, you'll be fine versus the vast majority of players if you tech in just one Unown CURE. Unless they have been testing these decks relentlessly and/or have unfettered, innate talent, then anyone using status lock will collapse at the sight of an Unown or Espeon. Your best bet, though, is to just be a good player, run a consistent list, and hope you don't get paired vs the few good players using Vanilluxe.

And re OP: just as non-status lock players should chill out and not worry about status lock as much, you too should not freak out about status lock counters. You should honestly be much more afraid of a turn one Night Spear/X-Ball knockout than hard counters, as those are far more likely to ruin your day!

Make your deck and playing better vs those two, and you should be set. Let all the guys using Unown and Espeon go 6-3/5-4 due to all those turns of "man, if only I had that Catcher," or "man, if only I didn't draw dead!" In this format, space comes at a premium.

Last edited:
Im pretty sure I will be playing Espeon and I know Atleast 5 more people that are for sure. It's going to be big.

^Perhaps this is me just being subconsciously afraid of a legion of Espeons, but I'm pretty sure you won't be playing Espeon when you realize how many games vs the most popular decks you'll lose due to wasting spots on it. =D

Espeon isn't even that tough for a status lock player to take down if they plan their deck carefully.

Also,anyone who plays Vanilluxe isn't going to win Nats, and the same probably rings true for anyone playing Espeon. Why waste tech spots on something that isn't a viable threat to win, and thus isn't something decent or above players would bother playing at this tournament?

The majority of people at Nats will probably play status lock decks a total of 0 times throughout the tournament. The people who do play it, will probably only play it once. Do you know what decks you will see a lot of though? Darkrai and Zekrom/Eelektrik. Having Eevee and Espeon in your deck instead of 2 more Dark Energy, or instead of a fourth Tynamo, or instead of that 4th catcher, or 2 more supporters - is going to lose you games against the most common decks that you will play.

imo 1-1 espeon is bad because you have a decent chance of prizing it so it could just end up doing nothing when you do face a status lock deck. 1 unown cure is the play (no seeker)

Also,anyone who plays Vanilluxe isn't going to win Nats, and the same probably rings true for anyone playing Espeon. Why waste tech spots on something that isn't a viable threat to win, and thus isn't something decent or above players would bother playing at this tournament?

Status lock deck can win nats if played correctly. I doubt many players know how to play vs VVV, Mew+Accelgor, Accelgor, Mew+Vanilluxe etc.

However i agree that you should not tech in an espeon because it ruins your consistency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back