Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Espeon1 Cities Reports Updated with 1st at Des Plaines

espeon1

So, I'll be updating this thread whenever I go to another City Championship, so be sure to check back :D

11/28 Chicago, IL
So, today I was up at about 7 getting ready. My first City of the year so I'm reasonably nervous. I wake up and am freezing, so I want to get out of the house as soon as possible. Get to the place, play the Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Terminal a couple times with Ben M. and turn in my decklist for the tournament. I decide on playing DialgaChomp and I'm in Seniors.

Round 1: ??? with Donphan Machamp
I don't really remember this guy's name, sorry. He takes a really huge lead turn 2 since I go first, getting an active Donphan Prime with an energy, a Machamp on the Bench and another Phanpy on the bench. He starts taking stuff out, but I Poison Revenge, and make sure it gets knocked out going into my turn by poison. He just can't get any energy after I get my Dialga G X set up and Remove lost for 2 heads and take out all of his energy. Then the rest of the game is back and forth, him taking a prize with Donphan, me turning or retreating and trying to KO. One crucial point I deafen with a belted Dialga G to KO so he can't SSU to heal a critically damaged Donphan Prime. If it weren't for that part, I probably would have lost. I take my last prize about 5 minutes before time is called.

1-0

Round 2: Jeremiah W. with Luxchomp
I start getting set up with a Special Metal'd Dialga and Garchomp C on the bench with X in my hand. Then he gets a Crobat G and 2 Poketurns to KO my benched Dialga G, so I'm left with nothing but the Garchomp C. I can't get the energy I need, so he KOs me.

1-1

Round 3: Jeremy P. with Mew Prime/Rhyperior/Techs A.K.A. Jimmy's Deck
He starts with an Infernape 4, so I start getting worried for my Dialga, but he can't get the energy he needs to KO some stuff, so I manage to topdeck Poketurns and Garchomps to heal stuff until I get a Cyrus and get started. He portraits my Collector and gets out 3 Mew Prime and Sees Off a Rhyperior X. Next turn I get out Dialga G X and he scoops though because nothing in his deck could KO it other than Infernape and I had a Garchomp on the bench and a Crobat in my hand to KO any he played.

2-1

Round 4: Xavier H. with Kingdra Prime/Ttar Prime
This guy is really really hyperactive during the game and like shouts his moves so everyone could hear what he does. It got kind of annoying. He starts with Spiritomb to my Dialga G so he starts setting up with a Kingdra Prime, then goes and gets a Ttar Prime out while I'm with a charged Dialga G X and Garchomp C on the bench. I run through his stuff with Dialga and snipe with Garchomp for my prizes, with him getting some random hits in before I heal them off with Poketurns or Healing Breath.

3-1

So I take 4th place, get my 4 packs and get a Gengar Prime! That's the one prime I really wanted from Triumphant!

Props
4th
Jimmy's Deck for being awesome
The store was awesome as always
Getting Gengar Prime
Karol for winning
Luke for showing up and winning in Masters
Dialga for its body killing abilities

Slops
only 4 rounds and top 2
That's about it...

12/4 Des Plaines

So, I get up at about 7:30 and we leave at around 8:30 for the tournament. I make it there just as registration is opening and it eventually gets delayed half an hour because of snow :frown:
Tommy and Karol can't make it today, so I have a good feeling about this XD
Still Using DialgaChomp but I use 1 warp energy instead of 1 Unown Q.

Round 1: Josh I think? Random
I get out a quick Dialga G X and he's griping about how I'm gonna destroy him haha. Turns out like half the 11 seniors go to the school the tournament is being held in, so they're brand new to the game. I run through him quickly with a couple Garchomp snipes in the middle of the game.

1-0
Round 2: Shawn or Shane? Fire
I get paired down. I get a slow start and have to get a KO with a Uxie, though I don't run Uxie X. Same as last game, I get a Dialga G X and Remove Lost through everything.

2-0
Round 3: Alec with Theme Deck
Paired down again >.< I Garchomp a couple things in the beginning and build up a Dialga G X with 2 Special Metals. He KO's the Garchomp and I bring up Dialga and kill everything.

3-0
So me, Duane, Jeremiah, and Ben were all talking about how some of us might make it, since I was paired down twice and my round 2 opponent dropped, while Jeremiah was also 3-0 and Ben and Duane were 2-1. We figured I might not make it if I lost this next round against Jeremiah, so I should probably win.

Round 4: Jeremiah W. with DialgaChomp
Our lists were completely different. I use no call, no dragonite, and a lot of basic metal, while he uses 3 call 1 Dragonite, and 2 or 3 basic metals. It's a very good back and forth game, I'd take a prize, he'd take a prize, until at the end I pull ahead with Garchomp. Then I KO anything that might have any threat at all for my last prizes.

4-0
Top 2: Jeremiah again.
Game 1: I donk with Ambipom against his Unown Q
Game 2: We both tank up a Dialga and we deafen each other to death. Eventually mine gets KO'd though so I have to try to recover. I can't and he wins it with a Garchomp Snipe.
Game 3: I was really really nervous about this one. We both get pretty good starts, and I have a Uxie and Dialga start. I get the turn 1 Deafen off because I decided he'd go first, and we both start setting up. Jeremiah tries to use Garchomp more than I do and gets some good KO's on my bench. I get a couple heads on Remove Lost, and he misplays big time on bringing up a Garchomp with DCE and energy gain without the Garchomp X in hand. I KO that and it gets down to 2-1 on prizes with him in the lead. I KO something with Garchomp and he can't respond, so I attach DCE and galactic switch an energy from my active Garchomp to my benched one, retreat, level up, and KO something for game. GG Jeremiah!

So I get my packs, not much good in them.

Props
1st!
Awesome Victory Medal!
18 packs in prizes
Undefeated!
Garchomp C for being BCIF
Slops
Bad Packs
Nothing else really

I'll try to make it to Orland Park, but I"m definitely going to Rockford, so wait for that in January.

Last edited:
Nice job Nathan! 3-1 is a good way to kick off the beginning of cities. It seems like your becoming better and better with DialgaChomp too. Also, for your props, it turns out our friend Luke won in masters! You should definitely put that down on the props.

Well, good luck in Des Plaines!:thumb:

Lol, I would but... They've already been opened or traded. Got an Electrode Prime, Yanmega Prime and 2nd bottom half of DCL

Back