Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Espyena Devolution Deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRNO

Im thinking of using this deck by the time dragon frontiers comes out. Any sugestions are welcome.

POKEMON 18:
4x Espoen ex
2x Vaporeon ex
4x Eevee (DS)
2x Mightyena ex
2x Poochyena
1x Girafig (LM)
1x Jinx (UF) (or any of the Unknowns)
2x Holons magneton

ENERGY 14:
4x Dark
5x Psychic
5x Water

TRAINER 28:
4x PETM
4x Mary´s request
4x giant stump
2x scott
3x super scoop up
4x energy removal
2x holons lass
2x windstorm
3x old rod (DF)

The deck is to spread damage to any active pokemon idealy with vaporeon, jynx, or Mightyena and then switch it with Mightyena ex then devo flash with espeon and if that cant happen then espeon attacks switching the active pokemon with the bench (wich they are not going to have alot of options because of giant stump).
Espeon and Mightyena help each other in terms of weakness also ( migthyena resists espeons weakness and most fighter types used now a days are weak to psychic).
There are some disruptive cards like energy removal and cards that can retreive an efect like scoop up and old rod.
Any sugestions will be good to try and make a little better.

warp point and cyclone do the same thing as mightena being he doesnt add anything to the deck other than his power.

Last edited:
celeni said:
warp point and cyclone do the same thing as mightena being he does add anything to the deck other than his power.

His attack is really good agais a stage two pokemon and can be boosted up with dark energys.
But i put it their mainly cause you can use his power many times unlike the warpoint they can be wasted or not be able to find any fast in the deck. And also because of the resistence.
Out of curiosity what other pokemon would go well instead of Mightyena.

if you are interested i would be willing to show my espeon list that i have been working on for a year and however long till now. pm me if you want the list.

I guess that's an offer to everyone? Otherwise it belongs in a PM, thanks! -'snore

Last edited by a moderator:
POKEMON 18:
4x Espoen ex
1x Vaporeon ex
4x Eevee (DS)
3x shiftry (2 LM,1 DX)
2x nuzleaf CG (self charge)
3x seedot LM (drawup power
3x Holons magneton

ENERGY 14:
4x Dark
4x Psychic
2x water
2x grass

TRAINER 28:
4x PETM
4x Mary´s request
3x copycat (used before you use vaporeon)
2x giant stump
2x scott
4x super scoop up
4x rare candy
2x windstorm

the shiftrys will add to your strategy more with the LM one acting as a scoop up minus the coin flip. Plus his attack does more damage to evos just like mightena except 20 less damage and to any evolved. The other shiftry has a power similar to mightena and is grass type which is beginning to be used more. I removed some of your cards to make your list faster and able to use espeon better. Another option would be to add farmer so you could reuse your pokemon and get more energy back.

I will think more and post my results of a stage one list.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

here is a stage one version of your deck.

POKEMON 18:
3 Espoen ex
2 Vaporeon ex
4 Eevee (DS)
2 Mightyena ex
1 mightena DX
2 Poochyena
2 medicham ex
2 meditite CG

ENERGY 14:
4 Dark
4 Psychic
2 fighting
2 water
2 Holons magneton

TRAINER 28:
3 PETM
3 Mary´s request
2 tv reporter
1 steven
2 copycat
2 giant stump
2 windstorm
1 farmer
4 pokemon reversal
4 super scoop up
3 scott
1 lannette

I strengthened your scott chain by adding another one and adding in more things for it to search for to diversify your drawing. The single copy of steven allows you to draw a larger hand when necessary and the single lannette nabs you basics when you need them. I know that your stumps are lower but it will be more beneficial with your faster setup and stronger lock. The tech mightena DX is so you can get any one card in a pinch and use its bottom attack to force them to discard their hand down to 4. the pokemon reversals allow you to kill any potential threats faster than just removing their energy.

Last edited:
your shiftry list is good but i would add in atlest one shftry ex.
and as for the stage two one of the things ive been having trouble with is that aloy fo the stage two decks that combine with espeon ex have too many exs and thats a really big disadvantege since all they have too do is knock out three of your pokemon.
i took in mind the trainer fixes and its going alittle faster with scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back