Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Even Flow (Starmie/Shuppet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArmoredMewtwo

I was tinkering with the idea of a Shuppet deck the other day and I was pondering how to get past a stray Mewtwo Level X tech. A lot of those have been springing up in my area and causing problems. Then, what should have been an obvious solution came to me; Starmie.

This deck is still in its test stages and needs a little work. After playing with the Boomer for so long, I thought it would be nice to switch things up. Once we get Expert Belt, it'll be replacing some of the trainers in this deck for certain.

POKEMON: 14
Stage 1: 4
1 : Banette, PL-19
3 : Starmie, LA-71
Basic: 10
2 : Uxie, LA-43
3 : Staryu, RR-83
1 : Unown G, GE-57
4 : Shuppet, PL-92

TRAINERS: 36
Trainers: 23
4 : PlusPower, PL-112
4 : Poke Blower +, SF-88
2 : Quick Ball, MD-86
2 : Warp Point, MD-88
4 : Poke Drawer +, SF-89
2 : Switch, SW-128
4 : Poke Ball, PL-113
1 : Luxury Ball, SF-86
Supporters: 12
3 : Roseanne's Research, OP8-11
2 : Bebe's Search, RR-89
3 : Buck's Training, LA-130
2 : Cynthia's Feelings, LA-131
2 : Marley's Request, SF-87
Stadiums: 1
1 : Galactic HQ, PL-106

ENERGY: 10
Special Energy: 4
4 : Multi Energy, MT-118
Basic Energy: 6
3 : Psychic Energy, DP-127
3 : Water Energy, DP-125

Strategy is that of your basic Shuppet screw-around deck, only now you have Starmie as well to add to your arsenal. This deck is essentially counter-Gengar as nothing stays on the field long enough or damage to pile up, nor does it remain for Gengar's Power. To make things worse, these attacks that would normally do 30 and send back to the hand can be amplified, doing up to 80 and sending the card back with four plus powers and a Buck's (which will be 100 once EX Belt comes out).

Starmie's in there as a Mewtwo tech more than anything, but can make a decent second attacker should it have to. It's particularly useful for two-shotting Claydols, Uxies, and anything else lingering on the bench that meet the requirements of its second attack. Its 30-100 damage on the first attack normally won't phase Mewtwo too badly unless it's damaged already, but you can always opt to attacking their bench for a bit. This is where the first effect of Pokeblower may get some use, as a quazi Crobat can be decent in these situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back